cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I have to configure a file2file scenario. My source file has 3 types of records say Header, Detail and control records, each record is identified by a special character. All these records are in jumbled manner.

In my scenario, I have to transfer records in a sequential manner like first header records, then detail records and then control records.

How can I do this?

Please guide me

Regards,

Kumar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See as per the structure Header,Detail and control records . you have to transfer the data in order like this, there are so many ways..

One ways is create a UDF -- in UDF select queue as type, input all input records.

put all in Vector and sort accordingly..Here main concern is , is there any field to idetify the header , detail,control ..records.. , i mean you have to sort on that particular fields..

and sort it in Vectors, put it in result list.

If you want send these ordered data again in mapping then , you can do it there or you can use in next mapping.

OR

Write a Java mapping to do this.

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can create a structure according to your requirement...According to that the data will get transfered..nothing special needs to be done for dat..

Structure of the data needs to be defined and then mapped to the respective fields.

Regards

Sumit Jain

**Rewardwith points if useful