Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download XML file in non editable

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gurus,

I have a requirement where i need to convert my final internal table into XML file and download it in Non-Editable mode.

As of now i am able to convert in XML and able to download the file but we can edit it  .

Can anyone suggest me how to download the same in non-editable mode.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Vipin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member215542
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You could use method FILE_SET_ATTRIBUTES of class CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES to set the read only attribute of the file

However, if the user has authorisation, he/she can overwrite the file/ change the attribute manually.

4 REPLIES 4

former_member215542
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You could use method FILE_SET_ATTRIBUTES of class CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES to set the read only attribute of the file

However, if the user has authorisation, he/she can overwrite the file/ change the attribute manually.

0 Kudos

Hi Pulkit,

thanks for your reply!!!

I tried using the said above frontend services but still after downloading file when i open it i am able to edit the file

0 Kudos

You could edit the read only file. but when you try to save it, it will prompt you to provide a different file name. But again as I said earlier, if the user has authorisation to overwrite file/ modify the attribute it wont help.

If the user has other applications which allow him to edit the file, he/she would be able to edit it. The file is no longer in SAP, there is nothing from SAP that you can stop the user.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is one product provided by Secude AG, that intercepts downloads and secures them using Microsoft's Azure, or AD RMS.  This is the only way I know of making sure the downloaded files are readonly.

There may be other products that do the same thing.