cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHANGE_MDPSX_MSSL and MD_SUBCONT_LOGIC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

May I know what is the different between BADI MD_SUBCONT_LOGIC and the method of CHANGE_MDPSX_MSSL under BADI MD_CHANGE_MRP_DATA?

It seems if I want the SAP MRP to consider Subcontracting Stock (i.e. generated via movement 541) as part of available stock during MRP, I can make use of either of the above BADI, but which one is the correct BADI to achieve this?

Using MD_SUBCONT_LOGIC has a downside in which if I want to switch to Simple logic it has the following implication:

This logic is generally of use for components to be provided that are specifically assigned to one subcontractor. If several subcontractors are involved, this has the undesired effect that in planning, the stock of material provided is drawn from a distant vendor to cover another vendor's requirement of material provided.

As such, may I use BADI MD_CHANGE_MRP_DATA  of method CHANGE_MDPSX_MSSL to achieve this requirement?

Please refers to a forum (http://scn.sap.com/thread/1440341)

Regards,

Tuff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Daniel,

1. BADI : MD_CHANGE_MRP_DATA

Kindly refer the following Note 190298.

2. BADI : MD_SUBCONT_LOGIC

If you want to consider the Stock provided to vendor for jobwork (541) also into MRP then you need to use this Badi.

Regards,

Karna J

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel

I wrote the following document about the BAdIs available on MRP, which might be useful to you:

The document provides the following information about MD_SUBCONT_LOGIC (Please observe that this BAdI is only called if MRP areas are not active on your system):

This BAdI is used to activate the old subcontracting logic which was used until release release 3.1I. All subcontracting stocks and requirements are managed in the net segment, which means that there are no separate subcontracting segments.

Regarding MD_CHANGE_MRP_DATA, method CHANGE_MDPSX_MSSL allows you to manipulate the stock provided to vendor. According to the BAdI documentation on SE18, you can use it, for example, if you do not want the existing stock to be taken into account, setting field MNG01 to zero.

Even if you set the quantity to zero using MD_CHANGE_MRP_DATA, you still have a separated subcontracting stock segment, so that's the difference between both BAdIs.

See also the document , for an example of implementation for this BAdI.

BR

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Caetano,

Yes, this is what I am looking for.. thanks.

In another word, if I set the indicator MNG01 to zero on BADI MD_CHANGE_MRP_DATA, I can endure, NOT ONLY the Subcontracting stock (i.e. 541) take into consideration during MRP, BUT the individual Subcontract stock MRP element (i.e. segment) will display as individual line in the MD04?

Thanks

Tuff

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel

Yes, if you set MNG01 to zero, system will still display the individual subcontrator stock with zero quantity on MD04.

BR

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Caetano,

What I meant is I want the subcontract stock (i.e. 541) to be included as available during MRP, the MNG01 should be equal to "1", and not "0"?

Thanks

Tuff

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel

If you want to add any quantity on the subcontractor stock, then you should add this quantity to MNG01.

Now I believe that you should should create your own implementation of this BAdI and test it on a test system. You can follow the example provided on document and change the value of MNG01 instead of VRFKZ for your method.

BR

Caetano

Answers (0)