cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starange SAP HANA Studio issue while creating a calculated column

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Need you help in overcoming a strange issue that I am facing in SAP HANA studio, while creating a calculated column (as part of currency conversion).  .

As you can see in the screen shot above, the currency field is disabled and I am not able to enter/select the respective currency option and as a result of it I the OK button also disabled. Hence I am not able to proceed any further. Has anyone faced this issue before? Kindly help as I am badly stuck.

My Hana Studio Version is 1.80.3 and I am working on SAP HANA developer edition (1.00.80.00.391861 (NewDB100_REL)) on AWS. Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

-Prashant.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BenedictV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant, can you check if you have these standard currency tables replicated into your system TCURR, TCURC, TCURX, TCURF, TCURV, TCURT

Benedict

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benedict,

Thanks for your quick response.

I have these tables in my system as part of the SAP's EPM demo under SAP_HANA_DEMO schema's and the respective synonyms have been created on these tables. And I am using them here.

Regards,

-Prashant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am still stuck with this issue. The below inputs might be helpful (or at least I am hoping for it).

Basically when I come into the symantics tab for the first time and select Semantic Type to "Amount with Currency Code", the Currency field is enabled and I can select my input value (here in my case "AT_PRODUCTS.CURRENCY") and as soon as I check the Enable for conversion check box - Source Curreny field is populated from Semantic Type and Semantics Type becomes empty and disabled. Even after pouplating all the files the OK statys disabled which would prevent me from creating my calculated column.

However if I uncheck the Enable for Conversion check box, the Semantic Type field is enabled but the below fields gets disabled empty.

Please note that I am working as non SYSTEM user by creating my own schema but have set the default schema to SAP_HANA_DEMO (in the Semantics view of Analytical View) as the standard currency conversion tables along with synonims are in this schema. However I have select and execute privilage on SAP_HANA_DEMO schema.

I really dont know what is wrong. I hope someone can help me out here.

Regards,

-Prashant.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I've encountered this same bug.  What you do to work around it is create the calculated column but don't setup currency conversion.  Press OK without the currency conversion configured and return to the previous screen. Then you can edit the calculated column.  In edit mode the OK button works correctly and doesn't stay disabled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks much for your inputs. It worked and I am able to save my Calculated column. However, this does not happen in Ecplise.

Regards,

-Prashant

Answers (0)