cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using hierarchies as Bex Variable (binding issue)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a situation, and i am looking for a quick solution.

My dashboard design uses simply two combo boxes as an input values for all queries on the dashboard. 1. Year 2. Company code.

Now, since we needed few groups (user requirement) as part of input values in the company code selection combo, we thought to create hierarchies to allow user to select Individual Company Codes aswell as the groups.

It works fine while testing, I took the hierarchy in the combo , dropped the label into a cell, and used a test query to take the combo's value to to filter data.

Now the problem comes when actually we take this hierarchy in the filter pane which has another Filter (year) as well. One of the filter greys out.

I have already tried using prompts in bex characteristics restriction, on the values, and even tried using the prompts in the dashboards, and using one at bex and the other in the dashboard, nothing helped. One of the filters always greys out. But if i take one of them out (any of the two) the other i can bind.

Thanks & Regards

Ahsan Durrani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem Solved,

By adding ,DguessDependencies=false  in the Java Child Arguments (CMC>Servers>Dashboards Services>Dashboard Processing Server>right Click Properties)

thanks

Answers (0)