cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Inspection Plan Create BAPI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Members,

I am trying to create inspection plan using the BAPI  BAPI_INSPECTIONPLAN_CREATE. However, when I execute it I get an error

"008 Inspection characteristic cannot be uniquely assigned to one operation". This error is coming even when there is only one MIC in operation.

I don t see any issue in data maintenance but this error is not getting resolved.

Can anyone help me on reason of this error?

Thanks and Regards,
Arun Mann

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member207039
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

You must have got read of this problem by now. Please share the solution if possible, as I see many unaswered threads in this regard.

We faced similar issue and got it resolved by passing group counter as 1 instead of 01 (BAPI was not accepting leading zero). Also, the import mode (Copy indicator for MIC from masters) was set as C, instead of L or N.

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I believe the standard BAPI you are using in your inspection plan creation program is capable of assigning all types of MIC's with all values of "Copy Model/Reference Characteristic", available under MIC general information section. I couldn't think about any further clue here, may be some other expert can suggest if there is anything else you should check.

In case if you are very sure that there is no issues with the upload file, then this is probably an issue with how the BAPI [BAPI_INSPECTIONPLAN_CREATE] is getting called inside the inspection plan creation program. May be there is a case that due to some bug, the same MIC is trying to be added to the same operation number again. That's where this unique assignment was not possible, which may have resulted in this error message.

As Do-Wook Kim rightly suggested, the upload file may also have some minor issue. This kind of issue may not be in the initial line, but internally in some other lines and if your upload program is considering all the details of the upload file and then processing them, then that could also contribute this issue.

Please double check and confirm.

Thanks,

Arijit

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think that same inspection characteristic already exists in another operation for same task list and group counter.

Please check your data sheet again.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Characteristics are different, one has been created with reference and the other one is directly created in the inspection plan by maintaining control indicators there itself.