cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Cloud for Travel - architectural questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts, I have a few questions regarding the SAP Cloud for Travel support for Mobile applications.

1. is there a mobile app for managers to view and approve travel expenses submitted by their employees?

2. what technology is used for the mobile apps that are part of SAP Cloud for Travel (Fiori, MOB/SUP etc)

3. what is the license model for SAP Cloud for Travel (per user, per app, per travel expense etc)

4. how can customers enhance the mobile apps from SAP Cloud for Travel

5. how is SAP Cloud for Travel going to work with Concur , what is the strategy for integrating Concur with SAp Cloud for TRavel

6. how does HEC (Hana Enterprise Cloud) and SMP3.0 on Cloud compare with SAP Cloud for Travel.

regards,

Tom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

H-D_Knoch
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

in addition to above feedback:
#2: The Cloud for Travel and Expense mobile apps are native apps (per supported platform: iOS, Android, Windows Mobile and the old Blackberry OS). MOB/SUB are not involved since we are not an on-premise solution and our mobile apps can communicate directly with customer tenants.

#4: There are currently no enhancements capabilities for Cloud for Travel and Expense mobile apps.

#6: Cloud for Travel and Expense is running in the pubilic SAP cloud, not in HEC and SMP is not involved.

Regards,

H-D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hand Ditrich and Angela,

thanks so much for your answers. this is really helpful.

any idea what is the licence cost for Cloud for Travel and Expense? as per the Terms and Conditions the license cost is based on number of travel expenses, but there is no indication on the $ amount.

regards,

Tom

H-D_Knoch
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

regarding licence cost please refer to your SAP sales contact.

Regards,

H-D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hans-Dieter

as per link below,  approval of travel expenses is not available on Android:

http://help.sap.com/saphelpiis_travelondemand_1411/en/KTP/Products/BYD_ODT/On_Device/QG_UsingMobileA...

do we know when approval of travel expenses will be offered for Android?

in general, is there a roadmap of planned features for the Cloud for Travel Expense?

many thanks,

Tom

H-D_Knoch
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

that's right.

I forwarded your question to the responsible product owner who will come back to you.

Regards,

H-D

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

does SAP provide service level agreements with their customers for their SAP Cloud for Travel and Expense? are those published somewhere?

we are thinking to chose between on premise and on cloud, but we have not seen any SLAs for the cloud option.

regards,

Tom

H-D_Knoch
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

SAP guarantees a SLA of 99% per month. This statement will be part of your contract.

Regards,
H-D

angela_sparkman
Contributor
0 Kudos

Regarding question #5, please refer to the existing discussion thread here:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3634585

angela_sparkman
Contributor
0 Kudos

Regarding question #1, the mobile devices that are supported and functionalities are listed here:

SAP Cloud for Travel and Expense November 2014 – SAP Help Portal Page

Once on the page, select SAP Cloud for Travel and Expense Library > then expand SAP Cloud for Travel and Expense Help (HTML5) on the left side of the page > select Mobile Devices.

Former Member
0 Kudos

on point#2 ...

i found document below

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_byd1311/en/ktp/Products/96e54f70e7b2450895d71966b531edf7/Publishing/Guid...

which basically says that the Travel Mgmt apps are developed in Microsoft Silverlight... with some Could for Customer apps developed in HTML5... anyone can confirm this?

on point#3.

I found document "SAP Cloud for Travel and Expense Supplemental Terms and Conditions enGLOBAL.v.8-2013" which says that license is per travel expense report... any idea what is the $ amount for each expense? I think I saw somewhere in the order of BP 5 (like $8). this can get quite pricey for a large number of expense reports...

regards,

Tom