ADT + SAP GUI JAVA 7.40 with missing connections
I installed from scratch Eclipse Luna and SAP GUI Java 7.4 (have 7.30 also installed) in Mac OS X Yosemite. ADT is update to latest version.
Now in Eclipse when I create a new ABAP project the connections are missing, although they exist in SAP GUI Java. It used to work with Kepler + 7.30, any clues about about is happening?
I had the same problem. I am also on Mac OS X Yosemite and I have the same version of Eclipse and SAP GUI. I got an error when I did the following:
- I went to Eclipse -> Preferences -> ABAP Development -> Trace Configuration. I switched on tracing for Destination Management, Repository Information Systems, SAP GUI Integration and Team Provider.
- I restarted Eclipse.
- I right-clicked on my project and went to Team -> Share Project...
- I selected SAP UI5 ABAP Repository. Click Next.
- Now you should see an error in the Error Log. It looks like this: "Error while parsing node <Service expert="1" mode="1" msid="" name="Agile IDS" server="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:3200" type="SAPGUI" uuid="6946be64-6574-4032-aca4-3ccd4d433cb4"/>"
Apparently they changed the way that SAP GUI stores connection configurations in version 7.40. The problem is that the 'msid' attribute of the node is expected to be a valid UUID. Here is how you workaround it:
- Navigate to "/Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Preferences/SAP" in Finder.
- You will see a file called "SAPGUILandscape.xml". Open it with a text editor.
- Copy the value of the 'uuid' attribute to the 'msid' attribute and change one or two of the numbers to different numbers just so that they are not the same. In my case the new connection string looks like this: <Service expert="1" mode="1" msid="6946be64-6574-4032-aca4-3ccd4d433cb6" name="Agile IDS" server="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:3200" type="SAPGUI" uuid="6946be64-6574-4032-aca4-3ccd4d433cb4"/>
- Repeat this for each of your connection strings.
- Save the file and restart Eclipse.
I am aware that my setup is very basic with only one connection and it was added through the GUI. I am not sure how this works with centrally managed configuration files.