Question on SAP Insurance -Reinsurance
I am new to SAP and need some guidance.I have nearly 10 years experience in working with North American life insurance admin platform
I have worked in product development (requirements and configuration), administration of life insurance products(term, whole life, UL, VUL, Variable Annuity). I have FLMI (Fellow in Life Management Institute) and ARA (Associate reinsurance administration) designations
I have also worked with reinsurance companies providing extracts (TAI format) from life admin systems. I enrolled in SAP learning hub and completed overview of insurance and SAP navigation
I want to learn more about SAP reinsurance. However I see that there are ONLY online learning material from SAP (OKP). There are NO training material for SAP reinsurance certification.
For SAP insurance, I see materials (for all modules). I also see training manuals and certifications.
Does completing OKP material for SAP reinsurance a good idea to enter to SAP reinsurance area or Should I enroll and complete SAP Insurance and then try for SAP reinsurance
Any help will be greatly appreciated!
1. There is no certification for individual modules in SAP for insurance, there is only one for all the modules (PM, CM, CD and ICM).The certification code is: C_FSIINS_66.
2. There is no certification for SAP for Reinsurance module and it is not part of C_FSIINS_66 either.
3. Learning other modules and then RI, will definitely give you more insight into SAP for insurance, but may be a long route and may not be relevant for you as you already have vast experience.
4. Learning will remain incomplete until you get into the system and get some hands on.
5. If your goal is to get into SAP for RI as a consultant: get to know from OKP as much as you can. Ultimately your employer will train you to make you project ready.