Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get image (attachment) stored in MM03 to Smartforms?

pawadee_k
Participant
0 Kudos

I am working on a smartforms that required an image stored in Master Master (MM03).

I looked for examples, which uses CALL FUNCTION 'SAPSCRIPT_GET_GRAPHIC_BDS' to get the image from STXBITMAPS

But the table that seems to be holding the attachment I want is SRGBTBREL not STXBITMAPS.

Please advice on how can I get the attached image for smartforms.

Pawadee K.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Image stored in MM03 (material master)? Are you referring to attachment? It is GoS.

0 Kudos

Yes the file is from Attachment List

Can you give a bit of a guideline how I can display GoS attachment as graphic in Smartforms?

And is SRGBTBREL the table I need to get the attachment?

0 Kudos

If you want to stick with smartforms, it sounds a bit tricky.

You will have to kind of create an SE78 image for each material, create a name for it dynamically each time you want to print and print it as an image. This is cumbersome because they will not maintain an image each time they create a material, so, you will have to read this attachment, and create one in background if you didn't find the image. I am not sure even after all these work-arounds, it will work.

A far better and simpler solution would be:

to switch to adobe for printouts.

You can get further information here:

0 Kudos

I think creating SE78 image for each material will be too much work as you said.

I am trying to understand the article you attach but I don't have Form Designer on my system just yet, so couldn't try it out. But I am thinking is it then possible to use the functions mentioned in the article as program line in Smartforms?

But the article itself is still very confusing for me as newbie, I am still confuse about the parameters to be passed to the function like how it is connected to the material code.

0 Kudos

The only way to not be a newbie is learning subjects you don't understand.

Start searching for GoS and Adobe Forms.

All the best.