cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why still some industries procuring IM &Services through non-SAP why not thru SAP? it is not a question, its debate only ..opinion!!

srinivas_k23
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SCM /MM Consultants,

Query "Why still some of the industries procuring Indirect Material &Services through non-SAP such as Ariba, SSS, Coupa, etc."

- As it is observed that some of the industries they are going for non-sap system when it comes to Indirect materials purchases such as office and sales general materials and also service procurement such as contractor, tax consulting, etc.

- what is the main reason that tends them to go for non-sap where interface comes into picture with sap.

pn: ariba is part of sap, but still it is not purely in sap, but we can do im&s in sap.

Thanks,

Srin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Customer have the freedom to decide on the best software’s deployment that fits their business requirements. Instead of being traditional, customers goes to improve visibility in the supply chain and enhances the efficiency on procure to pay process. In other side product based company wraps the technology with the knowledge & expertise for enhancing and providing dedicated support to exist be a leader in the global market.

Procuring Indirect Material & Services through non-SAP but those all data are replicated into SAP too.

Ariba is a cloud-based end-to-end solution in managing a supply chain where objective is to free up the customer’s time to focus more on innovating business and provides more alertness for greater business value.

Regards,

Biju K

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think the discussion belongs to MM, at least for the fact that these products are interfaced with MM.

But I am not sure if we find answers. Maybe some of my followers is familiar with one of these products and was involved in a decision process  and can share some information when reading my reply here. The Ariba questions in MM forum are usually stay unanswered.

One of the guys who had asked those questions could potentially share some info.

I actually guess you are much closer to somebody who can give you an answer, as you had already another question on Coupa interface, so I believe you are directly in contact with a company who uses this software.

A taxi driver could ask why people are buying cars, all they need is what he has.

Why do companies implement WM and other are satisfied with IM only. Why a SD module to do goods issues with 601, MM module is sufficient as it has 231 to do the same.

Those modules fulfill specific needs which cannot be fulfilled easily by MM. One company has these needs, others don't. 

srinivas_k23
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked, could get the answer it is cost effective nothing morethan that. Thanks for your valuable time. And once I get I can share the some info on this. Thanks.

Thankyou

Srin

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think your question is related to MM module. I would suggest you to consult one of those companies and ask their management team that why are not using SAP for these types of procurement ?