Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Painter- Output Changes

pankaj_adhikari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

I want to do some modifications in my report. The changes should get reflected in output.

My major concern is characteristics at Sandbox as well as Production both looks same while output is different.

Sandbox-General Data Selection

The above screen shot should show Fiscal Year,From period,To Period.

The above output should show additional details like YTD Totals,Prior YTD totals & variance column i.e.diff between YTD & prior YTD.

Pls advice.

Regards

Pankaj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member206852
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Pankaj

If you want to see period as From & To and that also in one line (same as for Company code and Profit center in your case), then you need to select both the options as shown below;

Hope you got your answer?

Regards

pankaj_adhikari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

Thanx all of your comments. Actually the periods were already used in columns that's why I was not able to see at General data selection at header level.

Regards

Pankaj

pankaj_adhikari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

a) Finally I m able to add YTD but I don't see any option of fiscal year.

I believe its because I haven't completed point (a) i.e. I m yet add from period & to period. But I don't see option of period at characteristics. Can someone advice.

Regards

Pankaj

former_member206852
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Pankaj

In your report header screen I can see that FY is set as variable, but I cannot see 'Period' as variable. Can you please see where have to defined period as variable?

Further, kindly scroll down your list of characteristics and you will find period there. If you still do not see 'Period' there, please share the tcode where you are developing this report.

Regards

pankaj_adhikari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Syed

Thanks for reply. No I don't see period there. The strange is that Sandbox & Production both have same settings but still difference in main Input screen. We are using report painter GRR2.

Pls advice.

Regards

Pankaj

former_member206852
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Pankaj

I can understand your issue. Its very simple. Your characteristic field 'Period' has been deactivated at Report Library level. So you need to update your library.

I am not sure which library you are using (Standard or Customized). If it is standard, then better copy it into your customized library and then make changes, because you cannot make changes to standard library. Please see below;

Hope you are able to proceed.

Regards

pankaj_adhikari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Syed

Thanks for reply. Period is activated at Tcode GR22 still not showing at characteristics.

Pls see above no option of period both in Sandbox & production. Both have similar settings still the main input have different looks.

The above is Sandbox screenshot. Instead of only period production has 'from period & to period'.

Regards

Pankaj

former_member197737
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

As seen in your report image, the period was defined at column level, therefore period field should not be available at general selections, but at column level. Please see definition for each column.

Best regards!

pankaj_adhikari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mgitur

I got your point. But still I have a question in my mind. I checked settings of sandbox & production. Both have same settings but still production has two more selection values 'from period' & 'to period'.

Pls advice.

Regards

Pankaj

former_member197737
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

See definition for period in each column. It should be similiar to this:

This will make period available at selection screen like From-To.

Best Regards!

Mgitur