cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Format

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have a report that will be placed as a sub report. The main report has two group levels, project id and work item.

I placed a further calculated total value got from a calculation from sub reports in the work item group footer.Then I placed this report under the

second group footer of the work item and linked it to the project id and work item since it needs value from the main report per work item.

But after displaying the main reports detail, it automatically displays the sub reports details. The way I wanted was after displaying all the details of the main report then goes to the sub report to display the details.

I tried placing the sub report under the project group footer and the format that I needed works well. This is done by linking only to the project id but it  doesn't share the value for a specific work item.

How is the formatting accomplished?

Thank you.

This is the result that's displayed right after a single group from the main report is printed.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raghavendra_hullur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per your question, you want to display a Total value in main report which is calculated in sub report.

But again you say you want to display all the content from sub report after all main report data is displayed.

Also you have said "it  doesn't share the value for a specific work item"

Can you explain more?

Thanks,

Raghavendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have two groups in the main report project and work item and have 3 sub-reports. And they are placed under work item group.

And from these sub-reports there will be values that are passed to the main report. The values being passed are specifically for the work item group.

The values are used again for further calculation to get a total value for a specific work item. I placed this total value in the work item group footer.And this value is being displayed for each work item. And it's working as needed.

I added another report to this existing report 'Crystal Report2'  as a sub report that displays 'Bill of Quantities' under another work item group footer.

And I wanted to pass that total value that was calculated in the main report to the new added report.

The new added report also wants this total value for a specific work item.

If I place this report under a project group footer the same value is passed but the format that I need is good. And if I place it in work item group footer the value being passed it correct but the format that i need is not right.

I hope it makes sense.

raghavendra_hullur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

That is better information.

Can you share the sample screenshots of what you currently get when you add the new sub report under Work Item Group Footer and what is the expected format?

So, from your updated information, it's not that you are trying to display the total field value.

Thanks,

Raghavendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendra,

Thank you for the quick reply.

The format that I needed was after displaying all the 'work item unit price' of the available work items then move to the 'Bill of Quantites' report. Is it possible to do that?

In the 'BOQ' report I use it with the quantity field to get the amount of that work item.

raghavendra_hullur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nebil,

Your BOQ sub report output looks like it's the summary for all the work items.

If that's the case, why do you need to link it with work item or why you have to display that under group footer?

You can have it as a sub report which includes grouping on Project ID and Work Item and display summary values for Unit, Quantity, Rate and Amount.

If you want the summary for each project ID, then include it under group footer for Project ID group and link it using Project ID alone or include it under Report Footer.

Correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Thanks,

Raghavendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendra,

It's a detailed summary of work items for a project for finding the amount (quantity * rate) of each work item.

I have linked it with the project id and work item. And also placed it in the group footer so as to get the right total value from the main report.

If I place it under the project id footer or other place I will not get the value I need.

May be It would be appropriate if i attach the report.

raghavendra_hullur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, it would be good if you can attach the report.

But, let me understand something, if you link BOQ sub report with Project ID and Work Item from main report, the data will be filtered for those particular Project ID and Work Items only, right? Or is it suppose to filter on the Total Value you calculate using other 3 sub reports also?

If that's the case, I think the required layout cannot be achieved as you need to include sub report under group footer 2 and hence it will display the sub report content for each of the group value change.

Thanks,

Raghavendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it will be filtered by project and work item if the sub report has a quantity defined for a work item.

I have attached the reports like last time.

Answers (0)