cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in available quantity for consumption of Subcontract component in MIGO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Firstly I would like to inform, I am posting this question after a series of search in SDN as well as for OSS notes and no solution could resolve my problem.  Or may be I could missed any of the thread which may be relevant.

Background :

We have recently carved out an entity from an existing SAP system (EHP 4) and moved to a new system (EHP 5) with new company code.
The functionality what I am looking for, was worked in the previous system and not working in new system.

Business Process:

Raw materials are procured and delivered directly (101-O) to Subcontract vendor.
Subcontracting PO raised for finished product and received (101) through MIGO during which the raw material is consumed (543). 
Batch determination for raw materials at vendor is activated with FEFO strategy and working fine.

Scenario where we face issue:

Subcontract PO with two line items FM1 - 100 qty, FM2 - 100 qty. In both the lines RM1 is one of the component with 50 qty (Total requirement for the PO - 100 qty).

We have stock with vendor as RM1 Batch1 - 30 qty, RM1 Batch2 - 100 qty, which is more than requirement.

While doing MIGO, for the first line item (FM1), batch determination of the component (RM1) the quantity is proposed as below:

Batch1 - 30 qty  (Available - 30 Qty)
Batch2 - 20 qty  (Available - 100 Qty)  which is correct.

And for the second line item (FM2), during batch determination of the component the quantity still proposes same as above.
Which in turn, throws an error message 'Deficit of Stock w. vendor unr.XXXX XXX XXX O' Message no. M7021, while posting.

In our old system, for the second line item the quantity proposal is as below:

(Batch1 not proposed at all)
Batch 2 - 50 Qty (Available - 80 qty) which should be the logical way.

I have done comparisons related to availability checks, checking rule (since batch determination working fine) in both the system and no difference.

Also took help from technical team to see if any development done on the old system but found nothing related to this.

Please suggest what are all the other areas that I may need to check and where I am missing. I have tried to explain in detail, still if any other details are required I can provide. 

Thanks in advance,

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which batch number is showing in the error message ? Have you checked the simple process , is there stock of the batch number available in vendor location in MBLB ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dev,

Thanks for taking time to read my long question.

The error message as per my explained scenario is like this.

Deficit of Stock w. vendor unr. 30 qty : RM1 Plant Batch1 O and even the problem is not with error message as it is correct as per SAP.

Here the issue is why the system again proposing the same batch for the second line item, which makes the user to copy and at the end face this error while posting.

Thanks,

Ramesh

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you really have exact the same situation in the old system?

See OSS note 323991 - Availability check:Subcontract PReq subcontract PO componnts

Point 3 is exactly telling your problem and the solution, and this point is available since 2010 and the note is not limited to any release.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jurgen,

Thanks for your valuable reply.

Yes for the same scenario which I explained the old system is proposing the quantity correctly in component batch determination of MIGO.

I have gone through this note and the Point 3 refers, component availability check during the Subcontract PO creation right? I am facing the issue with MIGO. Sorry if I understood differently.

Also it is not the exact situation  as mentioned in the note ' This component is not not fully available across the entire quantity of both components'. But in my case, I have sufficient quantity available for both components (Batch1 - 30 and Batch2 - 100 - Total 130 and the component required for the PO is 100 totally for both the lines).

Thanks,

Ramesh

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What I understand from the note is that SAP is checking the quantity just once, hence it has the same stock information from the stock table  for the component in both PO items, as the goods issue from for item 1 has not yet happened.

So just flag the first item ok and post it, then go again into MIGO and post the receipt for the second item.

If you still get the same error, then my theory is wrong, but your stock determination too.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you may want to check following 2 OSS notes about the same problem in MIGO:

382294 - Batch/stock determination in background or in MIGO

and OSS note 757894 - Batch/stock determination for SC components

has program corrections. Check if they are available in both systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jurgen,

Your suggestion is working without an error, when we post the line item one by one. Batch determination also works in that case by determining the other batch / reducing the quantity. But this will not be feasible when there are some 10 or more line items to post each line separately.

In the old system, it is working for the same scenario, by reducing the batch quantity allocated to first line. Also in some cases, the batch itself not shows during determination when the quantity has been fully allocated to previous line items. All these happens in single MIGO for multiple line items.

Other than, batch determination procedure, Dynamic Availability checks do I need to compare any other area between these two systems?

Thanks,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jurgen,

First of all sorry for the delay to reply back.

Even after lot of searches we are failed to find a note which could resolve our issue.

Atlast when we raised this issue to SAP, they suggested a note which has the correction instruction.

And yes.. the note has been implemented and our issue has been resolved now.

Here is the note which SAP has referred.

1721359 - MIGO: Incorrect batch determination for subcontractor comp.

Thanks for your support.

Regards,

Ramesh