cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting 'processDPCommandsEx' API error while creating report in Web Intelligence BO 4.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My Universe is designed using BO 4.1 Information Design Tool (IDT) using Multisource connection -MySQL connection.

I have two data sources in my Universe. If I create query in IDT  using objects from both data sources then it is working fine but as soon as I create report using Web Intelligence (BI Launchpad), I am getting error message- "An Internal error occurred while calling 'processDPCommandsEx' API. (Error-ERR_WIS_30270) (WIS 30270)"

I am getting the same error while creating report using Webi Rich client also with the same universe.

Has somebody experienced the same issue? Please help.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

CarlyThomas
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Remi,

When you're testing in WebI Rich Client, is it on the same machine that you have IDT installed on?  Just want to make sure the data connectivity is setup correctly since this can be the cause of the error as well.

As Sateesh mentions, it is a fairly generic error - meaning there is an issue with the data provider and can be a number of things causing the issue.  If you search KBAs, you'll likely come up with dozens.

I would recommend enabling logging and take a look around the error thrown in the logs to see if you can get a bit more detail around the cause and then search the KBAs or update this thread to help find a resolution.

Thanks,

Carly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carly,

Yes, it is the same machine where IDT is installed.

Thanks.

CarlyThomas
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks, Remi.

Check this KBA 1790312:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1790312

It's specific to multisource Universe when at least once source is MySQL.

If that doesn't work for you - could you check the following:

When you get the error in BILaunchPad, is the WebI server restarting?  You can see if the PID has changed in either the CMC or the Task Manager.

How many rows of data are you pulling back?

Are you using any Drill Filters or Input Controls in the report?  If yes, can you remove those and try a query filter just to test to see if it comes back without error?

I hope that helps,

Carly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks so much Carly. It was really helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Carly.

In this SAP note KBA 1790312: they say that there should be one object with no data type assigned to it.  I assigned data type at Universe level. but it is not working. Do we have to assign datatype at database level itself?

CarlyThomas
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Remi,

Just at the Universe level should do it.  Can you run an integrity check on the Universe to be sure all of the missing data types have been caught?

Once you make the changes, be sure to save and re-export the Universe.

When you're testing, test an existing report and also try creating a new report to see if the same issue persists.

I hope that helps!

Carly

Former Member
0 Kudos

the error comes from your universe

you must check the integrity , object types ,  the SQL script , looks to the compatibility of your joints...
running under BI LP or rich client  , u will get the same error  thats why u have to look first at your unx level

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sateesh_kumar1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Remi ,

This is a generic error.

Do you have 2 universes for the report.It may occur because of prompts merging .

Check syntax of your prompt , validate the data type of objects which used in prompts /query.

Below blog may helpful.

Approaches to Error WIS 30270 troubleshooting - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects) - SCN Wiki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh

I have only one universe with two data connections and no prompts are given at report level or universe level. The thing is query is working fine in IDT but not in Launchpad or Rich client.

Thanks.