cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absence Valuation

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have following two different scenarios for the absence valuation

1) up to continuous 120 days of any paid or unpaid leaves, allowances e.g. HRA should be paid 100% and after continuous 120 days (i.e. more than 120 days) it should be deducted 100%

2) For some allowances / wage type any prefix or suffix holidays or weekly off of any type of leave (Paid or unpaid) should be calculated for absence valuation.      i.e. leave taken for the period 19.01.2015 to 24.01.2015 with prefixed W/Off i.e. sunday on dtd 18.01.2015 and suffixed W/Off on 25.01.2015, PH on dtd 26.01.2015. These W/Off & PH should be taken for absence valuation on any particular type of wage type when leave has taken.

Kindly suggest for how to map these scenario in PCR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavna,

For your both issue it can be handle with time managment pcr with payroll pcr. So my question is that are you using time evaluation.

If yes then i will try to provide you the solution design.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are not using time evaluation (i.e. negative time attendance system).

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK.

1. Continues 120 days means like below

Suppose on the 1st may onwards employee on paid leave (31+30+29)=120 days so on the july salary he will be getting HRA as zero. correct?

2. For second issue could you please explain again that what would be the calculation if employee takes leave in between 19.01.2015 to 24.01.2015.

Because W/Off and Public holiday is the OFF/Paid condition. But what the calculation you would like to do in the absence valuation rule.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sankarsan,

Justification is as below for your both points

1) Continues 120 days means like below

Suppose on the 1st  May onwards employee may on Paid / unpaid leave  then 120 day of leave is completing on 28th Aug (May 31 day + Jun 30 days + July 31 days +Aug 28 days). So HRA from the month of 1st May to 28th Aug it should be paid 100% and from 29th Aug onwards till the end of leave period it should be pay zero.

2) e.g. Employee taken the leave for the period of 19.01.2015 to 24.01.2015. In this case on 18th Jan 2015 it’s W/off i.e. Sunday, on 25th Jan 2015 its again W/Off i.e. Sunday and on 26th Jan 2015 its public holiday i.e. Republican Day. In normal case these W/Off & PH is paid off / holiday but in this case they are coming with prefix and suffix of above leave. So paid off also to be calculate as a absence without deducting any absence quota and payment should be deducted for these Leave and prefix & suffix Paid off.

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavna,

For your second case you can check the below thread.

For 1st thread let me check how you can map this.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavna,

for the 1st case let me explain for the thrid month calculation as per your example august.

On the August payroll employee will receive 28th day's HRA payment and for 3day's he will not get any HRA and next contineous month still his come back.

Please Clarify.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan,

What you wrote above is right.
Kindly suggest on that.

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavna,

As per my study on your issuequite difficult to design with pcr only.

So to design this process in the system then you have to take a help of ABAP for the same. Follow the process design for your understanding.

1. Maintain HRA wage type PC10 as 0 that means No Reduction.

2. Create a dummy wage type and which will use to HRA payment counting.

3. Based on your example once you will apply paid or unpaid leave on may through IT2001 and next time through ABAP coding it will upload WT dummy in IT15 where Amount would be 100 and Number day's would be Calender days(i.e 31).PCR no 1 will work accordingly.

4. Same on the next month when you will apply in IT2001 for paid leave or unpaid leave then ABAP coding again check it's really continuation of the last month or not and it's more continues 120 day's or not. If leass than 120 days then again IT15 will update with amount field with 100 and number field with calender days (i.e 30). PCR no 1will work accordingly.

Continue i will work for next month.

5.Now on the august month when contineous leave would be more than 120 then ABAP will pass only that part of the calender day's in the number field and amount field with 100. and for the next month onwards will pass amount 200 in the amount field and calender day's in the IT15.

PCR No-1

ZTST

1010 (HRA Wage type)

AMT=  9500

AMT?100

NUM=  9500

RTE=1

MULTI NRR

ADDWT&950A

RTE=& 950A

RTE?TKSOLL

ADDWT 1010

>

ZERO= A

ADDWT *

Use this pcr with PIT function after P0015 function in INAP sunschema

Hope so it will help you and resolve your issue.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Have you got it?

If it's answered then close the thread with correct answer marking.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan,

We have following queries

1)  1010 is the dummy WT or regular?

2)  why we are taking AMT=9500?

3)  where we are taking care of the dummy WT and the amt entered in IT0015

So can you please explain the logic of the PCR which is given by you, as it will be better to map the above PCR logic according to our system.

Thanks & regards

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavna,

Check the answer on your question.

1)  1010 is the dummy WT or regular?--- 1010 is HRA wage type

2)  why we are taking AMT=9500? -- WT9500 is dummy wage type which is stored the as per HRA calculation further. And it's not AMT=9500..It's AMT=  9500(give to space after 😃

3)  where we are taking care of the dummy WT and the amt entered in IT0015? --- Dummy wage type will carry for HRA calculation for your case.

PCR logic explain step by step

ZTST

1010 (HRA Wage type)          ---- It's HRA wage type

AMT=  9500                          ---Taking WT9500 amount from IT15 which is stored.

AMT?100                              --- Comparing amount 100 and if its equal to then pass the logic *

NUM=  9500        ---- Taking Number field value of WT9500 which is no of month days.

RTE=1                  ---- RTE=1 setting the value as 1 to Rate

MULTI NRR          ----- Multiplying Nmuber to Rate and store the rate

ADDWT&950A      ----- Store the rate value in variable wage type 950A

RTE=& 950A         ----- Taking the rate value of WT950A

RTE?TKSOLL    ---Comparing calender days with rate value of WT950A if it's equal to then pass WT1010 amount as it is.

ADDWT 1010

>

ZERO= A   (if it's more then make the zero the WT1010 because of more than 120 days.)

ADDWT *

Hope so you got it.

REgards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have configured the PCR as you have given and added in sub schema “ZNAP” i.e. customized schema.  We have entered LOP from 01st April to 31st July and it seen that the PCR is not effecting on HRA wage type 9102. 9336 is the dummy wage type. When we debugged the PCR its seen that PCR not executing.

Can you suggest where it’s going wrong i.e. in PCR / Schema / etc.

Screen shot is attached herewith for your reference.

Thanks & regards

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavna,

Have you maintained the procedure which i told you through IT15 dummy wage type?

Please tell me what you did.

In the PCR syntax is wroung it would be AMT=  9336 (give two space after "=") and NUM=  9336(give two space after "=")

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

by giving double space after "=" where you have mentioned, its still not executing.

we have maintained dummy wage type 9336 with amt = 100 & Num = Cal Days till its completion of 120 days (in the month of July Number = 29 days) and from the next month Amt= 200 & Number = Cal Days. we have maintained the PC10 as "0" for both wage type. please see the screen shot

Thanks & Regards,

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavna,

You have to maintain in the IT15 like below.

1st April Month,  Amount=100 and Number=30 days, Date:- 30.04.2014

2nd May,,,,,,,,,,, Amount=100 and Number=31 days, Date:-31.05.2014

3rd June,,,,,,,,,,, Amount=100 and Number=30 days, Date:-30.06.2014

4th July,,,,,,,,,,,,, Amount=100 and Number=29days, Date:- 29.07.2014

5th August,,,,,,,,,Amount=200 and Date :-31.08.2014.

And check month by month result.

If PCR  is not calling then share PCR input table details at the time of payroll processing through payroll schema.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Close the thread if it's answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Initially the PCR was not executing properly so we have modified the same and now it is working fine. The screen shot is attached for your reference.

Now we have one query i.e. as per your suggestion ABAP code will create the Dummy WT in IT0015 for HRA & 120 day’s calculation which causes lot of garbage data of dummy WT in IT0015. So is there any solution to overcome this issue

Kindly suggest.

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavna,

I don't know What kind of garbage you are talking about?

Using ABAP is to reduce the double time entry of the User. 1st make the entry in IT2001 and then again IT15. Through ABAP we can reduce this work related to IT15 entry with correct data.I think there have not any other solution for this scenario.

Wait for other's reply on this.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

kindly suggest for how to map above both scenario in PCR for payroll calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavna,

1) Are you sure this req. of deducting the salary for HRA ? why because we enter housing details in IT 0581 and accordingly HRA Exemption will given in the Income Tax. check once again with the client which wage type has to be ZERO if emp. taken more than 120 days.

2) you mean to say that for these days, day salary has to deduct (like LOP) but leave quota should not be deduct from his Quotas (IT 2006).

can you confirm this also, condition has to meet both suffix and prefix or any one is enough. accordingly we need to write the PCR like when an employee applied for leave then system has to check before and after the leave applied period if any holiday or dayoff is there that day has to be consider as LOP.

Former Member
0 Kudos
1)It is just a allowance which we are paying to the employees and not relating to the HRA exemption
2)Confirm. I.e. Salary for both prefix and suffix paid off is to be deducted like LOP and same is not to be deducted from any leave quota.