cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding fields dynamically to a Detail Screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

The requirement we have is that the user can request further work while working on a workorder. Whilst requesting the further work, the field worker has to answer certain questions.

There are around 150 questions that are grouped into ~50  groups. Not all questions are applicable for each further work request. The questions the are applicable for a given further work request depends on certain parameters like 'PM Activity', 'Cause', 'Impact', etc that the user chooses during the further work request creation. Also whether the question is mandatory to answer or not depends on the above parameters 'PM Activity', 'Cause', 'Impact'.

There are inter dependencies between the questions as well. i.e, depending on the answers to the earlier questions, new questions will be displayed.

We are looking for the best way to achieve the dynamic screens in Agentry 6.1.

Can we achieve adding the fields dynamically to the detail screen using OpenUI feature? If so, can we get sample steps/code?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Did you guys find a solution because I am involved in implementation of SAP WM 6.3 and we need this functionality.It is on SAP roadmap but dont what what it will actually do:

We have got SAP Works Manager Version6.3 and using it as a inspection tool to collect condition data as measuring points and measurement documents.

The problem we are facing is that we want the measuring points questions sets appearing for work orders to by dynamically controlled on the mobility device.

For ex if the inspectors populates the measuring point question for the installation date :2015 then we want the other condition questions to not even appear on the device, I know this type of functionality is not available currently and in the future roadmap of SAP Works Manager “Dynamic Forms” are potentially coming, so can you tell me the time frame when dynamic forms will be coming and will they be able to handle this type of dynamic control of measuring point probably from a config table in back end SAP or Agentry.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Open UI is only available with SMP 3.0 (Agentry 7).  I believe I saw dynamic forms on the roadmap for one of the future Work Manager releases.

If you upgraded, Open UI might be a good option but I think one the biggest challenges will be are you going to hardcode the business logic or are you looking to make it truly dynamic?

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Bill. Much appreciated.

We are using Work Manager 6.1 running on SMP 3.0. Apologies for the incorrect information.

We want to achieve truly dynamic forms and dont want to hardcode the business logic.

Do you have any presentation on the dynamic forms display by any chance?

Regards,

VJ