Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross company do payment on behalf of other company code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I found this fruitful topic about cross-company transactions:

My question is how to do payment on behalf of other company code if the cross company didn't has open items?

please, check 1.7 in the mentioned topic

"Prerequisite: Make sure that there are some open items for a vendor in company code 1011 or process a vendor invoice in 1011 using FB60/F-43"

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

You can make cross company payment with out any open item. If you want to make advance payment then chose company code at header and select vendor for another co.code, maintain alternative co.code and do payment. If you want to make only payment then do it by FB01 be selecting vendor/bank line item by maintaining new co.code at item level.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukhtar,

Thank you for your answer but  I want to do payment through company code 1001 to vendor in company code 1002 but I don't have any open items for this vendor in company code 1001.

Regards,

Abdulrahman

former_member186576
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

If I want to make a payment to you, it must be based on either a service you provided or for a product your sold to me. Correct ? (Ignore the exceptional case of advance payment part for now)

So before payment is made, we should post a vendor invoice (F-43) or MIRO (if it's Purchase order based), so that the payment can be applied to an item.

Abdul indicated that he want to do payment through company code 1001 to vendor in company code 1002, however he don't have any open items for this vendor in company code 1001.

Above statement seems incorrect, because Abdul states that Vendor is in co.code 1002, then states that Vendor don't have open item in co.code 1001. May be it's a typo mistake.

What ever the scenario is whether it's the same co.code payment or cross co.code payment or manual payment or automatic payment program, you must have a target to shoot. You just can't keep firing into the air. Hope I am clear. Thanks and Good luck.

Sam

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

What type of payment you have to make to vendor whether is it a down payment or normal payment. Both process I have explained earlier. Please go through it.

Regards,

Mukthar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member206852
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Abdul

If you want to make a payment (where no AP open items exists..) in that case your payment will be termed as 'Advance payment'.

Rest process remains same whether you do Intra-company or Inter-Company payment.

Hope it is clear now..!!!!

Regards

former_member183378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Abdul,

How do you will clear documents without having any open item?

You need to have open items to proceed further with clearing. This is applicable for both your normal company code payment and cross-company code payments also.

Please chcek that and do the testing accordingly.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Thanks & Regards,

Lakshmi S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

Thank you for your kind support,

I meant I want to make payment through cross-company on behalf of another company code but the cross-company hadn't open items

For example: I want to do payment through company code 1001 to vendor in company code 1002 but I don't have any open items for this vendor in company code 1001.

Regards,

Abdulrahman

former_member186576
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

To make a cross company code payment, you must have an open item.

Sam