Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorizationfield with versions in the Authorization Object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Could you please clear my doubt as and when we assign tcodes to the roles and after creating profile respective authorization objects and associated authorization fields of the tcode will get assigned to the profile.

But when I see in the authorization there I can find the multiple authorization fields with different versions.

Please find the below screenshot for your reference,

Regards,

Venkatesh

7 REPLIES 7

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

inheritance was broken on kokrs field making it changed status. Hard to know more without see su24 proposal overview but I assume you only have single transaction resulting in proposal of that field.

Private_Member_69416
Active Participant
0 Kudos

…400 was added with proposal for field KOKRS and you changed  it to “*”, so the status for authorization object is “CHANGED”

…401 – was added because you don’t have identically filled authorization object with  status “STANDARD” or "MAINTAINED". Status "CHANGED" don't count.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have always wanted version management for my roles. Consider yourself very fortunate!  

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius

Version management would be good (same as for progams I suppose) but I can see what you mean 🙂

We do TPALOG, E0*, and everything else we can find before changing a role. Eventually we make a change 😉

Best wishes

David

0 Kudos

Moderator note: Venkatesh's previous series of interview questions date back to a year ago (end of 2013). This question is evidence that whatever he got up to in 2014 it did not involve any basic training. Nonetheless, all the best for 2015 to everyone and avoid taking "bait"!

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius

The bait wasn't taken 😉

Just a little light banter...

Best wishes

David

0 Kudos

I semi took the bait (must have been the feeling relaxed during holidays and thought a little education). Yes, need to watch this a bit more this year