cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection from PI to Multiple ECC Application Server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In our landscape we have one to one connectivity between PI and single application server of ECC. Recently we came across situation where all data transfer in PI server failed because of some issue in that ECC application server. Now we are looking for configuring PI connectivity with more than one ECC application server (eg logon Group).Please guide me through the step as I can see in RFC connectivity I can specify a specific server but not logon group. Please help.

Thanks

Aditya Roushan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

Please refer this thread that deals with the same scenario than yours.

Regards.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vila/Naveen,

Thanks for the reply.

Let me do the configuration as per the suggestion. In case of any issue I will revert.

Thanks

Aditya Roushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

When you want to send data to multiple receiver ,you can simply define them in your rec determination step.(single rec determination with multiple receiver)these receiver's can be diff business system.

Then in receiver agreement step you can have diff receiver agreement (one per receiver).

hope this helps!!

Regards

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Can you please confirm if I need to create different technical system and business system for different application servers.I could see in SLD (Technical system) that there is tab to add application server to a particular technical system.Where is this application server user when we add application servers to same technical system.

Thanks

Aditya Roushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aditya,

Yes you need to create diff business systems (each for 1 ecc system).

You can push the technical details in SLD via T code RZ70 and then create business system.

Regards

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Thanks For the reply!!

I know that we can push Technical system through RZ70 and it is already existing in SLD. Problem is that when we try to make separate business system and moment I select the client (600 here) it says

"The selected client already has a business system associated. Select a different client or system"

That means it will not allow more that one business system for given technical system and client. Moreover I can not create different technical system as it is unique identity for a given system , database  and should be created through RZ70.One more thing you are using term "each ECC System" but here I have single ECC system with multiple application server.As of now only one application server is used dedicatedly for data transfer from PI to ECC and we want to have an alternate application server for it so that for any reason if one app server is down other can be used for data transfer. Please suggest.

Thanks

Aditya Roushan