Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BADI ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST - SET_DATA is causing infinite loop with error

former_member334777
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST implementation and we are changing address no. in PO delivery address tab at item level.

We are getting infinite loop issue followed by "Data from Business Add-In ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST not adopted".

Documentation -

Message no. MEPO151

Diagnosis

An endless loop occurred during the processing of the Business Add-In ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST. The system terminated the processing.

Procedure

Contact your system administrator.

Procedure for System Administration

Check whether standard fields are changed in the implementation of the Business Add-In ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST.

Changes to standard fields that are part of the Include structure MEPOITEM_TECH and/or MEPOSCHEDULE_TECH are generally not allowed. In addition, no field values that are not changeable through the field settings in the Enjoy transactions can be changed in the BAdI. Correct the implementation accordingly.

In order to avoid this error we have used code -

DATA  l_po1                 TYPE REF TO cl_po_header_handle_mm.

l_po1 ?= im_header.

IF NOT l_po1->my_recheck_queue IS INITIAL.

CLEAR l_po1->my_recheck_queue.

ENDIF.

This code is avoiding error message and infinite loop but it is not copying address no. in delivery address tab of transaction ME21N.

if anyone faced similar problem,please let me know with your reply..

Thanks,

Praveen

3 REPLIES 3

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked, like the error message said, that only changeable fields are being changed in the BADI?

I think you need to treat the cause, not the symptom...

cheers

Paul

0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Yeah,I have checked it and seems no issue from that point.

Still we are getting We are getting infinite loop issue followed by "Data from Business Add-In ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST not adopted".

Thanks,

Praveen

0 Kudos

Hi,

You will have to raise an 'incident' with SAP then. The standard program is triggering an error condition incorrectly.

Warning: they will try to lay the blame with your BADI first! So you better be sure.

cheers

Paul