Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bapi for service contract ME31K

sahai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a requirement of creating a service contract ( manually done using ME31K) through a web dynpro Program, Am currently using BAPI_CONTRACT_CREATE for this purpose.

Now the problem is this BAPI does not has any parameters wherein I can pass the services per line item, Please help by suggesting some other alternative to achieve this.

Thanks,

Shitanshu Sahai

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sahai
Contributor

Hi,

Resolved the problem, the way to achieve this is as mentioned below.

1) Create the service master

2) create Model

3) assign the services to the model

4) create the service contract (ME31K) by using the bapi BAPI_CONTRACT_CREATE with item category D and account assignment category U and attach the model to the line item by passing the packno field of ITEM table which is present the the "TABLES" tab of the bapi. since the model has the services the same would be attached to the line item of the contract. Hope this solves the problem of many others.

Thanks,

Shitanshu Sahai

6 REPLIES 6

shah_viraj
Active Participant
0 Kudos

There is no BAPI available to create service contract. Only way is using BDC .

sahai
Contributor

Hi,

Resolved the problem, the way to achieve this is as mentioned below.

1) Create the service master

2) create Model

3) assign the services to the model

4) create the service contract (ME31K) by using the bapi BAPI_CONTRACT_CREATE with item category D and account assignment category U and attach the model to the line item by passing the packno field of ITEM table which is present the the "TABLES" tab of the bapi. since the model has the services the same would be attached to the line item of the contract. Hope this solves the problem of many others.

Thanks,

Shitanshu Sahai

0 Kudos

Hi Shitansu, 

thanks for your input. We have been able to reproduce your proposal using ME31k, but we havent been able to find where we should specify the MODEL name in the item table when using the BAPI.

We're specifying the item model in field PCKG_NO.

Thanks

Daniela Favelukes

0 Kudos

Have you checked the structures to be passed in as importing parameters?

0 Kudos

Yes, the whole structure and haven't found the MODEL field (nor even its technical name).

thanks,

Daniela

0 Kudos

Hi Shitanshu Sahai

How did you create the Service? Via BAPI?

Thank you.
Best regards.