cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add a warning message in SC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

i want to add a warning message that will be displayed when clicking on next button while creating a SC.

In fact, it will be used to remind the requester wether he/she checked if the item exits in ecatalog or not.

Where should i exactly add the coding?

Could you please give me an example.

thanks,

Meriem.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member207661
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I think it is possible in 2 ways ( you can choose the one which suits more your business requirement:

1) Add a message using SPRO configuration for adding a new custom field at header/item level.

SPRO -> SAP Supplier Relationship Management -> SRM Server -> Cross-Application Basic Settings -> Extensions and Field Control (Personalization) -> Configure Customer Fields ->Define customer display fields at header/item level

2) At coding level, you can add a Warning message in BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI or BBP_ITEM_CHECK_BADI.

Warm Regards,

Shyam Agrawal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. The 2 BADI's as per the other reply are the best way to issue messages. If you only want them to appear when a certain button is pressed though you may have to look at enhancing the webdynpro to export a flag into the BADI's so the message is only issued when you want it to.

Regards,
Dave.