cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Characteristic restriction and restriction in Default value ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have gone through many posts and was really confused between Characteristic restriction and restriction in Default value?

Can any one explain in detail with an example so that i can understand it clearly ??

Thanks in advance..

Regards,

Chaitanya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member202718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

In Standard Filter the Filter is applied during the execution and is non changeable after the Query Execution..

Company Code Filter with value IN01..:-Only data for Co Code IN01 is displayed

In Default Value Filter...the filter will be applied and the query will show as per the Filter...and after the Query is shown we can remove the FILTER...this is the main Difference.

Company Code Filter with value IN01..:-Only data for Co Code IN01 is displayed but after execution we can remove this Filter and it will show all the values.

regards

SVU

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

A Characteristic restriction is a filter to limit the database selection. You can think of a global filter, a Restricted Key Figure or a Selection in a Structure. It can be hard-coded in the Query or one of its reusable Query Elements or via a Variable.

A default value is a proposal which is normally an input-ready Variable. The user can overwrite this proposal or accept it.

I hope that this short explanation makes sense.

Best regards,

Sander