cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports 2013 SP5 Not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alright, having an issue with Crystal Reports 2013 SP5 running on a Windows Server 2008R2 system.  I have gotten the program to install and it will open but when it does it stops and the only option I get is to close it down.  The error that comes up every time it starts is as follows:

Crystal Reports has stopped working

A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly.  Please close the program

Then it has a close program button and it closes the program. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Respectfully,

Dan Campbell

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I appreciate all the advise.  I have gotten the program installed and to the point where I am able to add a datasource.  The solution to the issue is currently unknown, but the situation was corrected when after reloading the box from scratch I attempted to install the Crystal Reports 2013 SP5.  It installed and started without issue.  It may have been something in the hardening which caused the issue.

Dan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Please try this:

1. Take the backup of the files start.html and offlinestart.html from the location: C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\Start Page\en

2. Rename the original file start.html to start_old.html and rename the original file offlinestart.html to start.html (This will prevent Crystal Reports to connect to the internet)

3. Launch Crystal Reports designer.

Thanks,

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to enable Data Execution Prevention (DEP) settings to allow Crystal to launch for the following settings:

1) Click Start > Run, > type sysdm.cpl, and then click OK.

2) On the Advanced tab, under Performance, click Settings.

3) On the Data Execution Prevention tab, click Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select > then click Add to add the CRW32.exe (You need to browse to the executable file)

Please let me know If this works..

Thanks,

DJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

DJ,

Can you give me a little more information on what this will actually do?  I have had the DEP on before and while I have not given the CR an exemption the overall system was substantially slower.  Currently I have it set to only windows files and the overall performance of the system is good.

Thanks

Dan

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dan,

You are using my preferred configuration for DEP - there is no reason to turn it on.

When you installed Crystal, did you have Administrator rights on the machine where you were installing it?

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dell,

Yes I have installed with Admin rights.  I have also tried to run the program both with standard rights and the "run as administrator" rights.  It should not be an issue from the System side, the server has 24GB of RAM and 6 Core processor, so . . .

Dan

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel

Please check %TEMP% and see if the folder has read / write permissions.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter