cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure Oracle DB as backend in SMP 3.0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I'm new in Agentry apps development, and I follow the How-to Build an Agentry Based Mobile App from Scratch guide, and it works fine, but now, I'm testing another app trying to access to and Oracle DB as backend.

I found that every app needs to be configure in it's own backend.

But when I try to use Oracle DB as backend in an Agentry app, I don't know where to define the IP of the DB and test the connection.

I created an Agentry App in Eclipse, and connect the Data Source Explorer to the Oracle Database to create the Steps for Add, Edit, Delete and Get data from a table.

I found that it is necessary to install an Oracle client in the server where is currently installed the SMP 3.0 Server, in order to access to the TNSNames, but I can't install that clients, because SMP is installed in a Linux Server.

I hope someone can help me.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Cesar,

Did you figure out how to solve this? I have the same goal, but with the Derby DB.

Regards

Luciano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Luciano,

As Bill answered my question, I have to avoid that solution by now, because my architect told me that is better to use JDBC with java to best perform in the application.

I hope it will be useful.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it is helpful. Thank you, Cesar!

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You will need to obtain the Oracle client libraries for Linux and follow the Oracle installation instructions for a Linux install.  Once the client is installed I believe you simply configure the tnsnames.ora file just like you would on Windows and point the Agentry backend connection to the appropriate TNS names entry.

You can probably start with the Oracle Instant Client for Linux unless you really need the rest of the oracle client tools installed on Linux

--Bill