cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BI Process chain issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iam facing one problem in process chains..

I have 9 process chains for different locations. process chain it will triggered based on events.. when ever posting will complete from ECC after postings ending event will trigged.

In BW same  Data targets but different infopackages..

While activation of DSO for particular location chain, another location try  to activating during the same time.. activation getting failed.. this data will be updated into one particular cube.. for particular chain having below 2000 records only..

this data will BO every 1 hour...

1 Particular Location chain DSO activation is going on another 2 Location chain trying to activate how to stop for some time... 2 location chain

Data flow is BW 3.5..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

desgallagher
Contributor
0 Kudos

Good afternoon,

I see two possible options:

1: Can you change the scheduling of the chains so that the activation of the data does not overlap?

2: Can you have one activation process for the DSO after all data loads have completed for all related chains?

Kind Regards,

Des

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your information...

Option 1. i con't change my sceduling of the process cahin because of it Event based scheduling.. when ever posting or completed from source system..autometically it will triggered..

Option 2. All data loads it will over by 5 PM it's ok fine.. but BW data taking into BO reports every 30 Min.. so all locations when it completes we need to wait for all location completion.. so we cont able to do this...

former_member197660
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Suresh

You need to control chain execution in BW as well once it is being triggered through event, for example by adding wait time in the first step of chain or by adding an ABAP program step which will check if the previous run has been completed after which it will proceed with data loading and activation.

However in order to make some precise suggestion please share what is the runtime of each chain and what is the time gap between execution of each chains for various regions.

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Each chain it will take almost 25 Min.. there is no gap between all 9 cahins it will go more than some time some two some three some time one like that... in ECC programe based event it will triger our process chain.. so same time they can release one or more loactions process.. they have diffrent copy of programs for each location cahin..

While come in to BW if they release more than one location.. DSO activation getting faild..

for all locations BW Data targets is same.

Pls Sned the ABAP Programe..

Thanks for Information

former_member197660
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Suresh

Sorry for my delayed response.

Based on given facts as I understand there is no quick fix/solution for this problem as technically if the chains run in parallel and tries to perform operation in same DSO then it will certainly fail due to locks.

To ensure stable data loading you need to perform some fundamental changes like:

1) Separate DSO's for each region (High Efforts for client)

2) Create a single chain in BW system which will extract data from all regions in sequential manner and schedule it every hour or once in 2 hrs (Based on the runtime of jobs)

3) Analyse process chain execution pattern with the objective to have a common DSO activation step rather than having it in all chains.

4) Analyse if you can control the chain execution within BW rather than have it executed based on events.

These suggestions are based on the facts/limitations you mentioned after Des's comment.

Ashish 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anish,

I have taken first decision but in my final target is Inofcube (DSO ---> Infocube) Update rule we have four routines.. we need copy all routines and past every update raule and edit changing the dso tables.. it is big task.. for skiping this routines is there any option.

Thanks

Suresh

former_member197660
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh

If there is any logic written while loading data from DSO to infocube then you have to add the same logic in the new update rules/transformations to have consistent data.

As I mentioned in my earlier response this is certainly high cost scenario for client.

The most cost effective solution would be to control the execution of chains else generalize the DSO activation step.

Ashish