cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lite Optimization giving an error in SAP BPC 10 NW Environment

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Error message: After execution of Lite Optimization through a data manager package

collapse finished with errors -

ORA-12801: error signaled in parallel query server P001ORA-01438: value larger than specified precision allowed for this column

The package execution was succeeded in initial stages, But now its giving above error message even if I ran collapse for single request from back end in BW System.

The key figure(Signed data)  length contains 20 characters with scaling 7 digits (13,7) and in my cube contains few records with the same length.

I am assuming that when performing  lite optimization --> The data is moving from F table to E table at that time the aggregated value exceeds the number of characters i.e more than 20

Kindly help me to resolve the issue

Thanks

Prasheel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Dear Shrikant,

Thanks for the immediate response,

My Cube(F - Fact table contains <= 20 digits only). Is there any way/chance to debug a lite optimization to find the exact problem that my transaction data exceeds more than 20 digits when moving to E - Fact table.

Prasheel

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasheel,

So, you think it's wrong data, right?

Do you have ABAP dump? It can provide some clues where the error record is.

Another option. If you know in what range your normal amounts should be you can go to F table and filter it on SDATA for amount outside of normal range.

Regards,

Gersh

0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for updating

The problem was resolved, Some one had deleted records with selective deletion by request basis ,

and aggregated values is showing more than 21 digits.

we had deleted the junk data which exceeds 20 digits and run Lite Optimization, Now working fine

Prasheel

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasheel,

If above note is not working for then go through the following links, may be helpful

Shrikant

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

P.S.

Please refer to note 1809884.

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasheel,

Activate lager key figure in BPC , then perform light optimization.

Shrikant