cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DataSource creation in VA with JDBC 2.0 with Connection Pool using SQL 2005

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to create the datasource in Visual Administrator with following details.

1. I have created Driver and added sqljdbc.jar file to that.

2. Given Application name , DataSource name and alias.

3. Driver Name : I have selected the Driver which I have created for SQL 2005

4. JDBC Version : 2.0 (with XA support)

5. Object Factory : com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDataSourceObjectFactory

6. DataSource Type : ConnectionPool DataSource

7. CPDS name : com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDataSource

In Additional tab I have given server name , port , user, password and database.

and I have select SQL Engine as <b>Native Type</b>

I am getting following error

java.rmi.RemoteException: com.sap.engine.services.dbpool.exceptions.BaseRemoteException: SQL statement(s) cannot be executed over DataSource "MyDataSource". If you are using an Open SQL DataSource, you must register your tables using JDDI before you request them. Reason: com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NameNotFoundException: Object not found in lookup of Lexicon.

at com.sap.engine.services.dbpool.deploy.DataSourceManagerImpl.executeFromAppThread(DataSourceManagerImpl.java:1130).............

Help me out to solve this problem

Thanks

Bobby M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have exactly the same error with the same error message.

I use Microsoft JDBC drivers 1.1 for SQL server 2005 on a SAP J2EE WAS 7.0 ('SPS10)

Did you find the solution ?

best regards

Laurent

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bobby,

1) XA driver is different from the regular driver as that for 2 way commit, might want to check on that.

2) this seems to be more of a driver issue as it couldent even connect to the db, if the drive r is ok, check username and pwd and see if u can manually connect to the db...etc.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I am able to connect if I am using JDBC 1.x. If the problem with driver it should not connect with that also.

Thanks

Bobby M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting following error while I was trying to create DataSource in VA with JDBC2.0 and SQL 2005.

java.rmi.RemoteException: Error occurred while starting application in whole cluster and wait.; nested exception is:

com.sap.engine.services.deploy.exceptions.ServerDeploymentException: Clusterwide exception: server ID 12432550:com.sap.engine.services.dbpool.exceptions.BaseDeploymentException: Cannot create DataSource "LexiconDS".

at com.sap.engine.services.dbpool.deploy.ContainerImpl.startDataSources(ContainerImpl.java:1843)

at com.sap.engine.services.dbpool.deploy.ContainerImpl.prepareStart(ContainerImpl.java:489)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:170)

Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.dbpool.exceptions.BaseInstantiationException: Cannot create instance CPManagedConnectionFactoryImpl.

at com.sap.engine.services.dbpool.spi.CPManagedConnectionFactoryImpl.<init>(CPManagedConnectionFactoryImpl.java:123)

at com.sap.engine.services.dbpool.deploy.ContainerImpl.startDataSources(ContainerImpl.java:1763)

... 42 more

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Invalid DataSource reference.

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDataSourceObjectFactory.getObjectInstance(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.engine.services.dbpool.spi.CPManagedConnectionFactoryImpl.<init>(CPManagedConnectionFactoryImpl.java:121)

... 43 more

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:100)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:170)

Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.dbpool.exceptions.BaseInstantiationException: Cannot create instance CPManagedConnectionFactoryImpl.

at com.sap.engine.services.dbpool.spi.CPManagedConnectionFactoryImpl.<init>(CPManagedConnectionFactoryImpl.java:123)

at com.sap.engine.services.dbpool.deploy.ContainerImpl.startDataSources(ContainerImpl.java:1763)

... 42 more

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Invalid DataSource reference.

at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDataSourceObjectFactory.getObjectInstance(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.engine.services.dbpool.spi.CPManagedConnectionFactoryImpl.<init>(CPManagedConnectionFactoryImpl.java:121)

... 43 more

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ParallelAdapter.sleepClientThread(ParallelAdapter.java:245)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ParallelAdapter.runInTheSameThread(ParallelAdapter.java:112)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ParallelAdapter.makeAllPhasesAndWait(ParallelAdapter.java:227)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImpl.startApplicationAndWait(DeployServiceImpl.java:4684)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployCommunicatorImpl.startApplicationAndWait(DeployCommunicatorImpl.java:661)

... 33 more

Please let me know what may be the problem