cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

should Billing document and its cancellation type necessarily have the same number ranges maintained?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have an issue in releasing to accounting for a cancellation billing document of type S1. (For the parent debit memo of type L2) The error we are encountering is linked to accounting document number range.

In our configuration, we have assigned S1 as cancellation billing type for both F2 and L2 invoice types. In number range assignment, we have assigned same number range to F2 & S1 with same accounting document type linked to both with similar number range assigned. (i.e. accounting doc range same as F2, S1)

But, for L2 we assigned a different number range. (Also a different accounting document type with same number range as L2)

My question is: should Billing document and its cancellation type necessarily have the same number ranges maintained? To make it more clear, I know that they can be different. But, I would like to know if it is an SAP best practice to have same number range for billing type and its cancellation type.

In my case since S1 is linked to both F2 & L2, when I am creating a S1 through L2, I am getting a number range error while releasing the same to accounting. (No problems while releasing S1 creating for an F2 though)

Please help me in understanding this.

Regards,

Jagan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagan,

Can you check with your FI team whether they have maintained

1. Billing document number as the Financial document number range.

If yes, that could be one of the reason. As there is a mismatch between, F2 number range which resembles the Financial accounting number range (which they usually maintain as external number range) and L2 is having different number range so when posting it checks the exit which checks whether both SD invoice numbers and Accounting number are similar or not.

Hope this is helpful in further analysis

Regards,

R.Sudhir

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
should Billing document and its cancellation type necessarily have the same number ranges maintained?

No ideally, it should have different number ranges.

G. Lakshmipathi