MRP keeps planning for past PIR's
I am using strategy 10, no consumption mode/period. When MRP is run against an LSF PIR, it creates purch req and planned order against it. I convert that purch req to STO and then sell the stock. Close any left over purch req and delete the planned orders left behind. Thus the stock created against the PIR's are produced, transferred and sold. when I add a PIR for the next month an run MRP again (planning date current month onward) it again creates purch req for previous month's PIR's and as well as the new current month's. How can I stop it from considering old PIRs?
Caetano Almeida replied
As Mariano mentioned, it's a good practice to reorganize your old PIRs, as it reduce the size of the tables on the database and improves the overall performance.
Another possibility is to define a period of adjustment for the MRP Group on customizing (transaction OMPG) and assign the MRP group to your material.
The F1 help of the period of adjustment provides the following information:
Adjustment of Planned Independent Requirements
This indicator determines whether planned independent that lie within the period of adjustment are included in the net requirements calculation. If you have set one of the indicators for adjustment and if you have maintained a period of adjustment, then the system does not create new order proposals for planned independent requirements in the planning run. This means that only customer requirements are included in planning in this period.
The folowing options exist for adjusting the planned inedependent requirements:
- Adjusting in the past, that is the period of adjustment is calculated backwards - the system starts from today's date and calculates backwards by the number of days specified. Thus, planned independent requirements that lie before the date calculated by the system are not included in the planning run.
- Adjusting in the future, that is, the period of adjustment is calculated forwards starting from today's date. All planned independent requirements that lie before the date cylculated by the system are not included in the planning run.
- With these two indicators, all the planned independent requirements, irrespective of the planning strategy, are not included in the planning run during the period specified.
You can also determine;
- whether the adjustment of planned independent requirements is valid for all strategies
- or, whether it is only valid for planned independent requirements that are planned with a strategy which includes the consumption of customer and independent requirements