cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settle production orders to COPA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I want to if i settle Production orders to COPA , when I  display reports of copa every product or characteristic will take its share of variance or what?

Thanks

Nassar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nassar,

Yes, it will take the characteristic (Product) and will show the variance under that.

Regards

V.S.Natarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks natarajan, but I want to now it distribute it per unit  or depends on what? I mean if the sales quantity is 500 unit and I produced 1000 unit the variance in COPA will be for 500 or will take all the variance for 1000 unit.

thanks

Nassar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nassar,

It will take variance for 1000 units

Since variance is period cost no matching concept (it is not like 500 sales so only 500 variance has to come)

Regards

V.S.Natarajan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Natarajan and Thanks Sumti for your helpful Replies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok thanks for your reply but Can i distribute it like the sales quantity take their share  and the remain share stay for their part.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ahmed,

The same issue in COPA I also had where the variance was going in COPA based on production qty and not on the basis of qty sold. This issue happens when actual costing i.e Material ledger is not implemented in the SAP. However if Material Ledger is implemented in SAP, system will transfer the variance relating to qty sold in COPA. Remaining variance will be inventorized with the closing stock while material valuation.

In case actual costing is not activated, system will take full variance to COPA.

I hope it clarified your doubt.

Regards,

SUmti Bhadani

kamalkumar_biswas2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Variance is updated in CO-PA through PA structure define in settlement profile. When you create PA structure in combination with CE & Variance categories to value field, variance will flow to CO-PA value field