Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depreciation for actual usage days

former_member218048
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dears

We have some assets (cranes, vehicles, etc.) which are used for certain number of days only in a month.

(for example, a crane would be used 25 days out of 31days in the month of December)

Is there a way to make the system to calculate the depreciation based on number of days of actual usage ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikki,

Select shut down indicator for the period for do not post any depreciation for the period and post unplanned depreciation for the period.

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member218048
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We need to give the number of days and the system need to calculate the depreciation automatically.

I was just trying to use the unit of production Depreciation. But I am not able to configure a depreciation key in the AO25 transaction. When I select our company code, the system does not allow to configure a depreciation key (for example like the standard STCK key). NO edit option is available in the development system. Why this is so ? Am I missing any other configuration ?

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikki,

Create a depreciation key which should have dep.to the day option and select shut down indicator as yes for it. You have to maintain time period by selecting shut down indicator for which you do not need to calculate depreciation. Suppose if you do no want to calculate the depreciation from 1.12.2014 to 7.12.2014 then select shut down indicator and click add internal here input from interval as 1.12.2014 and select shut down check box. Later again click on chose interval as 7.12.2014 and do not select shut down check box and save it.

After do this settings  check the depreciation.

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member218048
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you.

Please tell me also that why I am not able to configure a depreciation key in AO25 ?

When I double click and go inside the company code, everything is greyed out and I cannot create a depreciation key there. Am I missing something ?

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikki,

First you have to create a depreciation key in AFAMA. Then only it displays depreciation key which you have created in AO25.

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member218048
Active Participant
0 Kudos

When I create depreciation key in AFAMA what is the setting that tells that it should be available for 'unit of production' depreciation in AO25 ?

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikki,

Copy the depreciation key 'STCK' which is SAP delivered or you can use this key itself.

Regards,

Mukthar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183078
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nikki,

In this case we have one option select Shutdown indicator when you don't require to calculate depreciation and select more intervals tab and give the date from when this assets are going to be used.

I hope it helps you.

Regards,

Diwa

former_member183078
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nikki,

Post manual depreciation for such assets by  using ABF1 t.code.

Regards,

Diwa