cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Approvers in BRM Workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Need your assistance in understanding the approach to solve my requirement. Below are the BRM methodology steps which needs to be setup by me:

Definition->Approval (Role Change Approval)->maintain Auth->Access Violation checks->Derive Roles->Generation->Approval (Basis Phase)

So, my workflow is going to have two approval phases, one for Role change approval and one at the end where an email notification is to be sent to Basis team, at this phase Basis team moves the transport to quality/production and complete the workflow.

Here, the email notification emails during these two approval phases should be sent to separate people. First Approval phase to Role owner, second Approval phase to Basis team. As I understand, it is not possible to set this up as approval notification event always sends the email to same set of people as set in MSMP notification settings.

At this point, could you please advise if there is any way to work this out. Appreciate your valuable inputs.

Thanks,

Brahmeshwar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Poloju,

in this case,custom Initiator is going to resolve your requirement.

1)Build a BRF+ flat rule

2)Header should have Role Status

3)Based on Role Status it should trigger to different paths

Two Different paths

1)Approval (Role Change Approval)->  Role status should be in Development status

2)Approval (Basis Phase) --> Role status should be in Quality/Test.

Thanks

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mohana,

Your hint helped me out. I have just created BRF+ flat rule based on role status and it worked fine.

Thanks,

Brahmeshwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohana - Thanks for this post. Can you help me understand what your BRF+ rule and decision table looked like, from what I understand role status will be the condition column, but what would be the result column?

Thanks!
Nicole

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brahmeshwar,

If i have understood correctly, you can create a custom agent for the "Role Approval" MSMP workflow (would suggest PFCG based agent if it is same set of team members all the time) and set that as a notification agent to receive a certain custom email template at the end of the Role Owner approval stage.

If you want different groups of people notified based on specific role attributes, then you can create a BRF+ agent and use it as a notification type agent in the MSMP settings.

Hope that helps. I f I have misunderstood anything, please feel free to respond with further information.

Happy new year in advance.