Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implement a custom dynamic Tile

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my code, I can only use controls from these UI5 libraries: sap.ui.commons, sap.ui.table, sap.ui.ux3, sap.viz.

But I would like to have a control with same abilities as a StandartTile from the sap.m library or InfoTile from the sap.suite library.

Can you help me with creating a custom control? A Tile that is bound to a model.

Thanks in advance,

Michal.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I was able to have my custom control using the DataSet control from the ux3 library.

Thanks!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal,

I would recommend not to do any custom thing in UI5 unless you are very sure , there are many open source JavaScript lib available which will give you result but it is better to stick with UI5 as UI5 goes with UI5 best as per my experience.

For your problem try to use sap.m lib offline in following way if you do not want to load it  :

Step 1: Get the sap.m lib as offline().

Step 2:use code in index.html

sap.ui.getCore().loadLibrary("sap.m","./JS/m/");

place offline m library inside JS folder.

Step 3: Now you can use all sap.m inside the application.

If you do still want to go with custom code then it will be more tricky that this and will require some dev.

-Regards

Ajay

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Ajay.
Unfortunately I can't use any open source and as you said I wish to stick to UI5.

I didn't understand how is it possible to get the sap.m lib "offline". Do you mean copy it to my code?

I guess creating my own custom control is my only solution here.

Thanks,
Michal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michal,

If you want to create custom control then ok but if you would like to give offline sap.m a shot then you can get the offline library at :

here  this is open UI5 offline SDK/library which have its doc on here.

Now you can unzip the resources/sap/m and put the sap folder(with only m folder in it) inside the your project may be in the custom JavaScript folder (generally named as JS) and include that in your project by writing:

sap.ui.getCore().loadLibrary("sap.m","./JS/m/");

in your index.html( first line).

Now not only you can use the Standard Tiles but all other capability of 1.24.5 version open UI5 sap.m .

-Cheers

Ajay

0 Kudos

Hi Michal

Please refer this blog by

It would take time for me to create a new custom control and provide an example.

Please refer the above blog.

Hope this helps you.

Regards

Shubhang

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Shubhang,

I tried to write this custom control for 2 days before I wrote this question here

I was hoping to get something working, even a very simple tile with two bound texts.

0 Kudos

Hi Michal

New Year Plans are keeping me from writing the code.

I will post the code as soon as possible.

Thanks

Shubhang   

michal_keidar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks! And have a happy new year