Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting stopped on debugger point

former_member207873
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am having an adobe form which is getting called from  SAP PLM application (webdynpro based). I am able to reach the debugger point in dev and quality with the help of generating the function module for the adobe form and putting the external debugger point. But the same way i tried in production, the debugging is not getting triggered. What will be the possible reason for this ?

BR.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ipravir
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Check your System Setting.

Go to

SE38->Menu->Utilities->setting->in ABAP Editor tab->Debugging tab->Put user Production User id.

and then check with External Break-point.

And also check, Your user id is having Debug authorization of not. (once you will enter you user id in setting, and if your user id is not having authorization for debug, a pop-up message will appear. )

regards.

Praveer.

7 REPLIES 7

ipravir
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Check your System Setting.

Go to

SE38->Menu->Utilities->setting->in ABAP Editor tab->Debugging tab->Put user Production User id.

and then check with External Break-point.

And also check, Your user id is having Debug authorization of not. (once you will enter you user id in setting, and if your user id is not having authorization for debug, a pop-up message will appear. )

regards.

Praveer.

0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for your answer. I am using a fire fighter id. So that id is being shown in the debugging user space.

BR.

former_member192023
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Not the same sap user ID?
The ID not have SAP_ALL authority in SU01?

Interesting.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to SM51. If there is more than one application server shown, then that's the answer. You have to set an external breakpoint in the code on each application server. Which can be annoying when you've got thirty of them...

0 Kudos

Hi Mathew,

Thanks for your answer. Yes you are right there are some 9 application servers in the system. So what I did was, I went to tcode srdebug and tried to active it for all application servers. But still i am not able to reach the debugging point. Any other suggestion to activate it in all application servers.?

BR.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't know what you mean by "srdebug".

Go to SM51. You can switch into each application server in turn and set the breakpoint at the appropriate place.

0 Kudos

Hi Mathew,

SRDEBUG is a tcode. We can make external debugger active for all application server for a particular user. This is an alternative for putting break point in each server.

BR.