Did you mean: 

EPM10 Basic question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

IN EPM10 input template

1) In cell A5 to A13 - ACTUAL

A14 to A16 - FORECAST

and in my Column axis contains CATEGORY(ACTUAL, FORECAST) , TIME (2014.APR - 2015.MAR) for 2014.APR to 2014.DEC category is ACTUAL and 2015.JAN to 2015.MAR FORECAST

= EPMOlapMemberO(A5,"[CATEGORY].[PARENTH1].[ACTUAL]","ACTUAL","","000")

but when i press REFRESH then ACTUAL for TIME 2014.APR to 2015.MAR appearing and FORECAST for TIME 2014.APR to 2015.MAR appearing, how can i resolve it,

this is basic question but still i'm not able to get

ACTUAL   ACTUAL  .... ACTUAL   FORECAST FORECAST.... 2015.MAR

2014.apr   2014.mar  ..... 2015.mar   2014.APR   2014.MAY ......  2015.MAR

2) when i write Local member formulas formula is taking based on time and category combination for ex: 2014.APR & ACTUAL, when i select my time 2016.TOTAL then member got change to 2015.APR & ACTUAL and my LOCAL member formula not working, it is appearing as "#RFR" and formula got erased in column section.

I verified for above two questions in forums and build the template as guided by documents in forums, but still not working in my template, should i need to make any settings, please let me know

Regards

Silu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Silu,

Without detailed screenshot it's not possible to help...

Also explain the logic with local member.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant/Vadim

Please find attached files

in excel my O, P and Q column should be forecast, but when i press Refresh button, it will take again for all months Actual and all months Forecast

and total column formula got erased when selected other year in page axis.

when i do refresh every time same reference cell copying across all cells i.e = EPMOlapMemberO(F1,"[CATEGORY].[PARENTH1].[ACTUAL]","ACTUAL","","000"), here it should be refer to G1 cell but it is again and agian pointing to one cell F1 only.

and in 7.5 we will hide KEY range and provide text headings to user, so i gave reference of KEY range i.e as given below ACTUAL and 2014.APR beongs to F20 and F21 cell, i want to hide these two and display above F18 and F19 cell by referring the cells, but when i change time it will give #RFR values. In 7.5 it works fine even though we change any selections in page axis, but in EPM10 if i select my time in Page axis, reference cells are not working.

=F20

=F21

ACTUAL

2014.APR

Regards

Silu

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Populate the time dimension members below category members and perform same steps like you have done for category i.e. give excel reference.

Shrikant

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Silu,

Unfortunately the screenshot is not very informative ...

What I understood:

In Row 1 you have some fixed members of the category dimension. What formula you have in Row 1?

For row 5 - you can simply use member recognition inserting the link to row 1 in each cell

Vadim

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, If you use static reference for some dimension in column axis then all dimensions in column axis has to be defined with static reference.

Vadim

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Change the local member formula as shown in screen shot

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant

Thank you, I gave as you mentioned above, and when i'm writing EPMOLAP member I activated member recognition also, but still same issue all actuals for all months and all forecast for all months, and my formula is pointing to only one cell.

= EPMOlapMemberO(F1,"[CATEGORY].[PARENTH1].[ACTUAL]","ACTUAL","","000")

regarding local member formulas any idea.

Regards

Silu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim

in Row 1 i have fixed member of category dimension

Row 1: ACTUAL ACTUAL ....................FORECAST

Row 5: = EPMOlapMemberO(F1,"[CATEGORY].[PARENTH1].[ACTUAL]","ACTUAL","","000")

and i copy formula to all columns by changing F1 to G1, H1, K1

but when i give refresh the formula in all columns pointing to F1 cell only

I didn't understand why after refresh it is pointing to one cell, even though i gave reference for different cells.

Regards

Silu

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do it like:

1. Create NEW report. Member recognition switched off!

2. Select CATEGORY and TIME for column axis. Select single CATEGORY member (ACTUAL) and required number of TIME members (2014.APR-2015.MAR). Set option Repeat Column Headers. Select ACCOUNT for row axis. The report will be generated.

3. In rows 1 and 2 fill the FIXED values for CATEGORY (row 1) and TIME (row 2)

4. Enable Member recognition (only at this moment!)

5. Insert =F1 instead of first CATEGORY member on the column axis (in F5). Insert =F2 instead of first TIME member on the column axis (in F6)

6. Repeat step 5 for all column headers.

7. Disable Member recognition!

Vadim

P.S. Describe the calculation logic for the local member and where you want to place it!

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Don't copy!!! Use Member recognition as in my post.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

First of all I do not understand the logic of this local member, has to be described!

Vadim

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

go through the following screen shot

For local member -

Shrikant

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

He want to sum of all 12 column (ACTUAL + FORECAST) as given in his first screen shot.

Shrikant

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not 100% sure but if he want to sum all column members shown on the report, then I prefer to use:

=SUM(EPMALLMEMBERS)

For local member formula!

Vadim

P.S. Funny mistake in EPM help - the proposal is to use it like:

=SUM(EPMALLMEMBERS(TIME))

But EPMALLMEMBERS work only without any parameters

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good to know this...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim

=SUM(EPMALLMEMBERS) helpful to me. it is working fine.

but somehow Columns with Member recognition formula not working, I need to check. Thank you for all you and Shrikant Support

Regards

Silu

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"Columns with Member recognition formula not working" - then you are doing something wrong The proposed approach work fine...

Vadim

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Silu,

Please go through the following link about static reports in BPC by Vadim

Shrikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant

Thank you, I went through this document which created by Vadim, and did in a similar manner, but still while refreshing i'm getting original values which selected in Edit Report.

Regards

Silu

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Silu,

Kindly share screen shots of your template with formula

Just try to create new template with few members.

For local member use excel reference option.

Shrikant