Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GuildFTP : File-To-File Adapter Scenario

nkr1shna
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I am using GuildFTP installed on my Laptop and configured File-To-File Scenario in SAP XI.

I have configured communication channels for sender and receiver. For this purpose we have created two folders one for upload and other for download purpose.

In my sender communication channel we have option to delete file after successful file transmission. This is happening as expected. File is getting deleted in GuildFTP folder (local system folder file).

Now the issue is same file is configured in mapping which must be saved in download folder. For this purpose I am using FTP connection to GuildFTP pointing to download folder.

Which is not happening.

Is there any settings I must make in SAP XI / GuildFTPd?.

Your valuable inputs in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Krishna

HP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

nkr1shna
Contributor
0 Kudos

Many thanks for all you helped in solving the issue.

nkr1shna
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

When I change my Message Protocol settings to "File Content Conversion" and perform FTP. I dont find my scenario not working.

Scenario is only working when Message Protocol set to "File".

Is there any wrong doing stopping my message in reaching destination folder?.

I am bit confused with File Content Conversion, Can anyone please give me step by step appraoch to solve this issue.

Best REgards,

Nagendra Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagendra,

There is no problem with the distination folder, because File option works fine.

The only problem is with the File content conversion. Did you try with my previous content format?

If it works fine ok, otherwise check out the error message.

Regards

Sundari

nkr1shna
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sundari,

Unfortunatley, after implementing your suggestion, there is no change in result.

Is there any intermediate checks we can perform to ensure whether all steps are working fine?.

Regards,

Nagendra Krishna

nkr1shna
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

My problem got solved, the issue was that mapping was not done correctly.

I take this opportunity to below mentioned consultants to Thank them for valuable inputs/help in solving my issue.

Jai Shankar

Amitabha

Vishal

Satish

Sundari David

You guys are too good.. Many thanks for your suggestion and help.

Best Regards,

Nagendra Krishna

nagendra.krishna@hp.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagendra,

I am absolutely agree with Jai,that the problem seems to be in receiver.

Can you please check again the address of the target folder u have set in the receiver communication channel.

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagendra Krishna,

This is seen with most of the SAP XI developers.

You can try out following.

1. Check the user credentilas for the destination folder (Target folder ) of GuildFTP.(Do you have set the maximum authorizations i.e. "read / write"),if not then please make the necessary change.

2.Also chek in your receiver communication channel for

2.1 User details

2.2 Target destination details (i.e. please check whether this address in the receiver channel points to your destination folder ) if not then please do the needful.

If you are still facing the problem then please feel free to ask me through sdn or through my mail mentioned in my profile.

Kindly reward the points if you find this reply a helpful one.

Regards,

Vishal

nkr1shna
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Thanks for replying to my question. :-).

The problem is sending communicaton channel working fine. Means file is picked by the channel and deleted successfully.

In the receving communication channel, same FTP server is pointed with different folder, and access rights are read/write/delete (all of them). But this operation is failing in SAP XI.

I am using GuildFTPd server in my local system.

Since I dont have RWB access, I am not in a position to check what is happening in the communication channel side. This is bottleneck to my investigation.

Can you please give me any other way we can verify why receiving communication channel is failing?. Ofcourse authrozation to the folder is not that case.

Regards,

Nagendra Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nagendra,

>>The problem is sending communicaton channel working fine. Means file is picked by the channel and deleted successfully.

This does not ensure the file is processed sucessfuly by sender communication channel. There may be problems in File COntent conversion or may be some problem in sending the msg from AFW to IE.

Check in SXMB_MONI, if you find your msg then we can confirm there is no error in sender communication channel. Again the msg in SXMB_MONI can have error status. Check this. Hence the reason I asked you to check in SXMB_MONI and communication channel monitoring.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

nkr1shna
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

When I check SXMB_MONI status for the last message, I get flag with black&white icon saying "processed successfully".

SXMB_MONI also showing me transformed output message which I am expecting in the output folder of my FTP folders. But file never created in output folder of FTP server.

When sender communication channel is called, FTP server is called and after processing, file is getting deleted (scenario is to delete file after processing).l

To my notice FTP server never called during receiver comminication channel.

This is confirmed in the FTP logs which are generated by GuildFTPd server.

During this run, I expect input file converted to output file using interface mapping which is configured in IR. Output file is not getting created.

Is there way to check in SXMB_MONI what is happening during receiving adapter call?.

Best Regards,

Nagendra Krishna

nagendra.krishna@hp.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagendra,

>>When I check SXMB_MONI status for the last message, I get flag with black&white icon saying "processed successfully".

This means, your file is processed sucessfuly by sender communication channel and IE. There was an error in processing in recevier communication channel.

This error msg can be analysed only in RWB and not in SXMB_MONI.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagendra,

You can also check in:

http://<host>:<port>/MessagingSystem/monitor/monitor.jsp

Basically this tool, Message Display Tool, is related to adapter monitoring. Here you will find an option called <b>audit log</b> which wlll give you insight on the steps that the receiver adapter is performing.

Another thing you can do before this is test your configuration in ID. Just go to Integration Directory, Tools->Test Configuration, put in appropriate sender and receiver info, and test. this will reveal any configuration error that may exist.

Regrads,

Amitabha

nkr1shna
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amitabha

Many thanks for replying to my message.

I have verified configuration settings using "Test Configuration" with payload and this is showing all green.

I will be checking other Audit Log which you refered in your mail and reply back my finding.

Regards,

Nagendra Krishna

nagendra.krishna@hp.com

nkr1shna
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amithabha

Here is the Audit log for my scenario. I am getting following error message "Error File adapter receiver channel cc_flatfile_receiver is not initialized. Unable to proceed: null ".

Is there any clue about how to solve this issue?.

Time Stamp Status Description

2007-04-10 04:34:52 Success Message successfully received by messaging system. Profile: XI URL: http://sapcoe01:50000/MessagingSystem/receive/AFW/XI Credential (User): XIISUSER

2007-04-10 04:34:52 Success Using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System. Trying to put the message into the receive queue.

2007-04-10 04:34:52 Success Message successfully put into the queue.

2007-04-10 04:34:52 Success The message was successfully retrieved from the receive queue.

2007-04-10 04:34:52 Success The message status set to DLNG.

2007-04-10 04:34:52 Success Delivering to channel: cc_flatfile_receiver

2007-04-10 04:34:52 Success MP: entering

2007-04-10 04:34:52 Success MP: processing local module localejbs/CallSapAdapter

2007-04-10 04:34:52 Success File adapter receiver: processing started; QoS required: ExactlyOnce

2007-04-10 04:34:53 Error File adapter receiver channel cc_flatfile_receiver is not initialized. Unable to proceed: null

Best Regards,

Nagendra Krishna

nagendra.krishna@hp.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check if your receiver communication channel

Adapter Status is set to Active?

Satish

nkr1shna
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish

Adapter Status is set to "Active" for both channels, sender and receiver.

Regards,

Nagendra Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you send us your receiver communication channel settings?

Satish

nkr1shna
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Here are the details of receiving communication channel

Transport Protocol : FTP

Message Protocol : File Content Conversion

Adapter Engine : Integration Engine

Source Directory : /upload

Filename : data.txt

FTP connection property

Server : 16.138.26.35

Port : 21

DAta connection : Active

Connection Security : None

Username : Admin

Password : ****

Connection Mode : Per File Transfer

Transfer Mode : Binary

QOS : EO

Poll Interval : 20

Maximum Concurency : 1

File Construction Mode : Create

Put File : Directly

File Type : Binary

Hope above information will be useful to give your reply. Let me know if anything missing out.

Best Regards,

Nagendra Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagendra,

May I know what Message Protocol you have used for the receiver communication channel.

If you have used File Content Conversion then please check the Content Conversion Parameters. Because, the parameters are case sensitive.

Thanks & Regards

Sundari

nkr1shna
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sundari,

Here are File Content Conversion parameters in my Receiving Channel.

Record Structure : CONTACTS.EMP

EMP.fieldNames : NAME,ADD,MOBILE

EMP.fieldSeparator : ,

EMP.endSeparator : NL

My record structure has CONTACT -> EMP -> fields in it.

Let me know anything gone wrong in my settings?.

Thanks for your reply.

Best Regards,

Nagendra Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the problem may be during File content conversion.

So re-test your scenario with the below settings.

Change

Message Protocol to : File

And also change

File type to : Text.

Just to confirm the problem is during content conversion.

And let me know the results

Satish

nkr1shna
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

According to the Audit Log (second page) I see message transistion gone to Asychronous mode for later date and message status is "WAIT".

How to make this process synchronous... any thoughts?

Time Stamp Status Description

2007-04-10 06:10:56 Error MP: exception caught with cause com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: Channel has not been correctly initialized and cannot process messages

2007-04-10 06:10:56 Error Exception caught by adapter framework: Channel has not been correctly initialized and cannot process messages

2007-04-10 06:10:56 Error Delivery of the message to the application using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: Channel has not been correctly initialized and cannot process messages.

2007-04-10 06:10:56 Success The asynchronous message was successfully scheduled to be delivered at Tue Apr 10 06:15:56 GMT 2007.

2007-04-10 06:10:56 Success The message status set to WAIT.

Best Regards,

nagendra krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagendra,

The WAIT step is quite natural...whenever AFW fails to send a message to IS..it tries 3 more times before rejecting the message as Non-Delivered (NDLVD). Within this 3 retries, the message status is set to WAIT.

I guess the problem lies with Receiver Channel Content Conversion. You can not check RWB by any means? Communication Channel Monitoring would have revealed a lot of info..I guess!

Regrads,

Amitabha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please post the structure of the xml that you are performing for file content conversion.

Regards

Sundari

nkr1shna
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sundari,

Your suggestion of using file without conversion worked fine and file got transfered to destination folder successfuly. Many thanks for that.

Now the File Content Conversion is the issue. I am giving details of Source and destination structures

Source Structure

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ns0:MT_DVL900 xmlns:ns0="urn:flatfile:to:flatfile">

<CONTACTS>

<DETAILS>

<NAME>Name</NAME>

<PHONE>221</PHONE>

<ADDRESS>HP</ADDRESS>

</DETAILS>

</CONTACTS>

</ns0:MT_DVL900>

Destination Structure

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ns0:MT_APACHE xmlns:ns0="urn:flatfile:to:flatfile"><EMP><CONTACTS><NAME>Name</NAME><ADD>HP</ADD><MOBILE>221</MOBILE></CONTACTS></EMP></ns0:MT_APACHE>

Please guide me how to do configuration in Integration Directory for File Content Conversion.

Your valuable inputs will be of great help.

Best Regards,

Nagendra Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do the following changes for the file content conversion and check it out.

Record Structure : CONTACTS,EMP <b>[Use , instead of .]</b>

EMP.endSeparator : 'nl' <b> [nl within quotes]</b>

Hope it will work now.

Regards

Sundari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry, I have not seen your previous message.

Try with the following format

Record Structure : EMP,CONTACTS <b>[Change the order and use , instead of .]</b>

EMP.endSeparator : 'nl' [nl within quotes]

Regards

Sundari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Record Structure : EMP,CONTACTS [Change the order and use , instead of .]

CONTACTS.fieldNames : NAME,ADD,MOBILE <b> [Use CONTACTS instead of EMP]</b>

CONTACTS.fieldSeparator : ,

CONTACTS.endSeparator : 'nl' [nl within quotes]

Regards

Sundari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the following blogs for help on Content Conversion:

<a href="/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/02/file-receiver-with-content-conversion:///people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/02/file-receiver-with-content-conversion

<a href="/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/06/08/content-conversion-patternrandom-content-in-input-file:///people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/06/08/content-conversion-patternrandom-content-in-input-file

<a href="/people/jeyakumar.muthu2/blog/2005/11/29/file-content-conversion-for-unequal-number-of-columns:///people/jeyakumar.muthu2/blog/2005/11/29/file-content-conversion-for-unequal-number-of-columns

<a href="/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/02/27/content-conversion-the-key-field-problem:///people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/02/27/content-conversion-the-key-field-problem

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2004/12/15/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-fixed-lengths-to-xi-30-using-a-central-file-adapter:///people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2004/12/15/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-fixed-lengths-to-xi-30-using-a-central-file-adapter

<a href="/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/01/06/how-to-process-csv-data-with-xi-file-adapter:///people/sap.user72/blog/2005/01/06/how-to-process-csv-data-with-xi-file-adapter

<a href="/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/06/08/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-various-field-lengths-and-variable-substructures-to-xi-30:///people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/06/08/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-various-field-lengths-and-variable-substructures-to-xi-30

Hope this will help you a lot! Cheers!

Regards,

Amitabha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it working now?

One more format.

Recordset Name : EMP

Recordset Structure : CONTACTS,*

CONTACTS.fieldNames : NAME,ADD,MOBILE

CONTACTS.fieldSeparator : ,

CONTACTS.endSeparator : 'nl'

It should work fine now.

Regards

Sundari

Reward points for helpful answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check SXMB_MONI for any errors in Integration engine and also check the status of communication channel in communication channel monitoring in RWB.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

nkr1shna
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

Many thanks for quick response. I will do the same.

Best Regards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagendra,

Try checking communication channel monitoring from RWB->Component Monitoring->Adapter Engine->Communication Channel Monitoring. Here you can get insight what is going wrong with your communication channel by selecting appropriate filter criteria. Generally the issues with FTP configurations are regarding permission. Check whether you have permission to write in the destination (download) folder.

Regrads,

Amitabha