cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem migrating reports. Parameters are not used by report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm upgrading an old software developed with VS2008 and Crystal Reports for VS2008. I'm trying to migrate reports to a recent version, i've tried with VS2013 and Crystal Reports Runtime (x64) 13.0.12.1494

The problem I'm facing is that i can pass parameters to the reports but the report is not using them. If i use the preview from the report there's no problem but passing the parameters from code or even letting the report prompt ask for them cause the problem.

It doesn't matter the type of parameters (number, string, datetime), the report has the same behaviour for all of them.

W8.1

VB.net

.Net Framework 4.5

VS2013

CR Runtime 13.0.12.1494

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are a couple of things that might be affecting this.

1.  When you use the .NET Framework 4.x, there is a new property that has to be set for each of the CrystalDecisions references - it's called "Embed Interop Types" and it MUST be set to false.

2.  Make sure that you're using the full .NET Framework 4.5 and not the .NET Client Framework 4.5.

3.  Installing one of the "Runtime" downloads from here http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7824 will not integrate the SDK into Visual Studio.  Instead, you need to download and install the "Install Executable" to get that integration.  You'll use the runtime install when you deploy your application.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dell, Thanks for you answer.

I've checked everything you wrote:

1.- All reference's Embed Interop Types properties are set to false

2.- .Net Framework 4.5 is the full version

3.- I've installed the "Install Executable" version for 13.0.12.1494 runtime, this is the link: http://downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/cr4vs2010/CRforVS_13_0_12.exe

But....everything remains the same.

is there any other possible solution?

thanks in advance

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That was just the basics to get started.  Can you post the code that you use to set the parameters and then run the report?  I suspect that you may be doing some of this in the wrong order.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the code:

Dim CR As New ReportDocument

CR.SetDatabaseLogon("<user>", "<password>")

CR.ParameterFields("desde").CurrentValues.AddValue(CDate(txtDesde.Text))

CR.ParameterFields("hasta").CurrentValues.AddValue(CDate(txtHasta.Text))

CR.ParameterFields("idTienda").CurrentValues.AddValue(cmbTiendas.SelectedValue)

frmReporte.asignaInforme(CR)

frmReporte.Show()

frmReporte is a windows form containing a CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.CrystalReportViewer object named CRinforme, the code in this form is

Dim crInf As New ReportDocument

Public Sub asignaInforme(ByVal cr As ReportDocument)

crInf = cr

CRInforme.ReportSource = crInf

End Sub

Anyway, i've tried to open the report without passing any parameter and writing the values when the report asked for them, didn't work. The same code for VS2008 works fine.

The references of CrystalDecisions have been loaded from the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\dotnet\ don't know if that could help you

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That looks good to me.

Here's my other thought..... Is the Crystal 2008 or Crystal for VS 2008 SDK installed on the computer where you're writing this code in VS 2013?  If so, that's your problem - the two SDKs can't be installed on the same development machine.  So you'll have to uninstall the Crystal SDK that's being used in VS 2008 or work from a machine (or VM) where VS 2008 is not installed.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Vs2008 and all the Crystal Reports runtime associated to it are running on a virtual machine i use to run old projects like this one. That's why i'm trying to update to 2013, work with virtual machines is like a torture

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe this can help. I found a thread, without answer unfortunately, with the same issue

http://scn.sap.com/message/15642089#15642089

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rafael

I'd like you to have a look at the parameter sample apps in this wiki:

Crystal Reports for .NET SDK Samples - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects) - SCN Wiki

Possibly starting with vbnet_win_paramengine, will be the best thing to do.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Answers (0)