Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Group Currency URGENT!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently, I have 1 company code:

OB22 Settings-

Company code 1000, Company A (live-productive)

Local currency1 = local currency (currency type 10) = GBP

Local currency2 = Group currency (currency type 30) = USD

LC3 = Empty

We are creating a new company code mid-year 2015:

OB22 Settings-

Company code 2000, Company B (new, not created yet)

Local currency1 = local currency (currency type 10) = EUR

LC3 = hard currency (currency type 40)??? = GBP

These company codes are mapped to companies 10000 and 20000, and will be consolidated in USD (currently done in Enterprise Controlling, direct FI postings) and also need to be consolidated in GBP. Can this be achieved by the setup above?

Do I need to add Local currency 3 (in OB22) as a group currency before the 1st of 2015, so that the postings from company code 1000, Company A are captured in consolidation at mid year 2015 when Company code 2000, Company B is created?

What other options do I have for this consolidation?

New GL is not active in this system!

Please help!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I know the settings can remain as they are and the consolidation in group currency USD as well as group currency GBP may proceed. It will likely be necessary to have a translation method/task for the GBP group currency.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply Dan. I don't have GBP as a group currency in OB22 though. Can you please clarify?

Can I combine company code 1000, local currency1 to company code 2000, local currency 3 even though GBP is not a group currency?

Currently, I have 1 company code:

OB22 Settings-

Company code 1000, Company A (live-productive)

Local currency1 = local currency (currency type 10) = GBP

LC3 = Empty

We are creating a new company code mid-year 2015:

OB22 Settings-

Company code 2000, Company B (new, not created yet)

Local currency1 = local currency (currency type 10) = EUR

LC3 = hard currency (currency type 40) = GBP

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should be able to consolidate in both group currencies - USD and GBP - without changes in OB22. Simply change the parameters from group currency USD to group currency GBP and execute the tasks.

All task must be executed independently for each group currency. An alternative to this is to use copy tasks instead, but translation and eliminations would still be need to be executed independently.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume you are referring to the consolidation module that I am still learning.When you say simply change the parameters from group currency USD to group currency GBP, what transaction code and button/menu are you referring to? Thank you for the help on my questions!

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the monitor follow path Environment > Parameters.

This tells NCS the version, period, year and group currency that is to be consolidated.