cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I turn off WebI animations?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to turn off the animations in WebI in places like the Format Chart window?  The last time I opened that popup, it took 31 seconds for the animation to finish.  They were going faster earlier today, but really I'd just like them to never happen.

I'm using the Desktop Rich Client 4.0 SP7

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member59613
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say animations.  If that window is taking a long time to come up, it is likely the speed/memory available on your system that is slowing it down.  Webi Rich Client is a combination of Java and a C++ application but the client actions are all Java.   So, it is likely that the CPU and memory available to the Java components is depleted. 

As for turning them off, there is no way that I know of to turn it off.  There may be some way to do it through a Java command line option, but that wouldn't be a "supported" method.

What is the CPU and RAM of your system?  Did you try using the BILaunchpad Applet designer instead?  That may work better for you.

Thanks

Jb

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Format Chart window has a bunch of different sections: Global, Title, Legend, etc.  When you click one of them, it does a sliding animation with all the choices below it to slide them down so you can get at the subsections (General has General, Area Display, Region Type, etc.)

When I closed WebI, it didn't actually close (still had the icon in the tray).  I closed that this morning and when I went back to work on my report, the sliding is much faster now.  I'd still like to turn it off, but it sounds like that's not possible.

I had been using Launchpad previously, but ran into a number of file corruption issues, so I switched back to the Desktop version in hope of avoiding those types of issues.

former_member59613
Contributor
0 Kudos

I wasn't able to find a way to stop it from animating that part.  It definitely sounds like resource issue on your machine though.  By closing WRC completely you free up the memory and start over.  Over time it can use up a lot of memory and if Java runs low on heap, it will have to do swapping to disk which will slow things down.

former_member191664
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you regedit HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SAP BusinessObjects\Suite XI 4.0\default\WebIntelligence\RichClient\JVMOptions\2 to -Xmx1536m and add a new a value -Xincgc. Note that -Xmx1536m varies from desktop machines.  You'd have to fine tune it to find the sweet spot. -Xincgc is to "enable incremental garbage collection." Hope this helps, Jin-Chong