cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selective polling of SFTP sender channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a scenario in which an an SFTP sender channel is required to poll only for a specific amount of files for a specific period. For example, poll for only 10 files pertaining a certain file scheme every 15 mins. From what I'm aware, the SFTP sender channel can be scheduled to operate every 15 minutes using the 'polling interval' setting and the 'Availability Time Planning' feature of the PI Adapter Engine.

However, is there any method method by which the number of files being polled by the channel during one interval be specified?

I would be grateful for any information on this subject.

Regards,

Pritish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Pritish,

You can do a little trick, a shell script to rename all the available files with a counter in the name. You use  this shell script in the Operating System Commands Before Processing. Finally, in your file selection you can set the names according with the shell script to take ten.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pritish,

You can use the BPM and use the count variable there,so when u have 10 files u can combine all and send.and after that you can ignore remaining files.

Regards

Naveen

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pritish,

There is no option to limit number of files which can be processed when a channel polls.

Try to develop adapter module OR move all files into a temporary folder of SAP PI and write OS script.

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pritish,

AFAIK - there is no standard functionality in CC for this.

Whats the reason to limit the number of files to 10? What will happen to the unprocessed files, if any?

You can check with the sender, if they can limit the number of files placed from their end instead of handling it in PI.

Regards,

Azhar