cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PB.Net 12.6 features

Former Member
0 Kudos

From what I've read the only enhancement to PB.Net is OData support. Is this correct or am I missing something? I'm contemplating upgrading from 12.5.

Thanks,

Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe that support for .Net 4.5 is part of it as well.  And, I would assume, support for Windows 8.x.  The official support for Oracle 12 and MSS 2012 might be in there too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wasn't really looking for framework or operating system support by both versions of PB but actual features or new functionality inherent to PB.Net.

former_member190719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nope, nothing there.  The only significant enhancements were in Classic.  I've got a "New Features in 12.6" presentation I used in Europe recently, and it focuses entirely on Classic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's what I thought. Do you know if there were any bug fixes specific to PB.Net? Seems like there would have been some low hanging fruit there.

former_member190719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had a number of PB.Net open issues that I tested against the release during the Partner Test in May.  I believe a number were addressed, but unfortunately I don't have records of what they were and which were addressed at this point.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can read about the features here:

SAP PowerBuilder 12.6 – SAP Help Portal Page

Unfortunately, the documents contain links to the Sybase.com web site for more information, which is currently redirected to the SAP.com site with no specific page selected.

.NET 4.0 and 4.5 are supported as well as windows 8.0 and 8.1.  I did not see ORA12 or MSS12 in the documents.

Randy

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Unfortunately, the documents contain links to the Sybase.com web site for more information, which is currently redirected to the SAP.com site with no specific page selected.<<

No, they don't.  Where do you see that?  All the links on that page stay inside http://help.sap.com

-Paul Horan-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Open the Release Notes documents (PDF).  There are hyperlinks to the sybase.com web site on a number of pages.

Randy