Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How stock can exist without batch if the material is batch managed

former_member209265
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Please refer the below screen. Is it possible in standard sap or it is a bug.

Background: Initially the material was not batch managed. Later the material has been made batch managed.

At present the stock in storage location 0001 is 25. But now the material is batch managed. Hence two batch has been created manually. The questions are:

1. How to transfer the stock from 0001 storage location to any of the created batch (for example in batch 0010331706)?

2. How system has allowed to change the batch management indicator for the material if stock exists. Standard SAP will not allow any change in batch management indicator if the stock is there. So creation of batch is not possible. As well when the stock is not there and if the batch management is activated, later SAP will not allow posting any stock without batch number. In this case how 25 is showing without batch when the material is batch managed and two batch has been created?

Regards,

Krishnendu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

it that possible In sap like material movement is possible with local supplier without batch.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Krishnendu,

It is possible to change a material master from non batch managed to batch managed or vice versa. However this can only be done if you have zero quantity in stock and there is no open purchase orders / production orders etc.

If there is stock / open orders when you try to change that material to batch managed, error message M3530 "Batch management requirement cannot be changed.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member209265
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

I was also expecting the same error. Even now if I do it, the restriction is there.

Some inconsistency happened in System and SAP is looking on that.

Thanks for your reply .

Regards,

Krishnendu.

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Krishnendu

This is not a PP issue. I'm moving this thread to the space and for future issues related to stocks you should use this space.

BR
Caetano

former_member209265
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Caetano,

I posted in PP because in PP also we discuss with batch management

Regards,

Krishnendu.

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Krishnendu

Stock inconsistencies are related to MM and this is the correct space to discuss this kind of issue.

Please read carefully the following note:

1618888 - How to deal with stock inconsistency?

The note talks abou an specific stock inconsistency, however, it describes the standard procedure to handle a stock inconsistency.

BR

Caetano

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are still hiding a secret behind this general sentence " Later the material has been made batch managed."

The answer is simple, you have created an inconsistency in your system. And there is no way with a standard transaction to fix this situation.

Can it be that this is related to your discussion

It seems you are trying almost anything to exchange batch management by avoiding the standard ways

former_member209265
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

This is not related to Is it possible to remove Batch Management.

This is the user requirement came from one of the site. I am also surprised how SAP has allowed it. With stock Batch management indicator is not possible. In the same way when there is no stock for the material  posting is not possible without batch.

I have tested this is Sandbox. It works as per standard SAP standard.

My question was what went wrong where stock is shown without bath where the material is batch managed?

Shall I contact to SAP?

Regards,

Krishnendu

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't believe that something went wrong, that there is somewhere a bug in the programs, I just think that someone worked with the debugger or with a ABAP report to make it happen.

And I think you get a hard time to convince someone at SAP that this happened because of a program bug.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you show  the change log for the batch management indicator in material master with date and time

And a MB51 list which covers the date the batch management indicator was changed up to today  showing the CPU date and time for each movement.

This way we can see  a) if the BM indicator was changed by the usual way and b) if you had stock at that time