cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increasing the Timeout Session for WD Application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I developed a web dynpro application and that application is getting exception indicating the below error.

500 SAP Internal Server Error

ERROR: User session (HTTP/SMTP/..) closed after timeout (termination: ERROR_MESSAGE_STATE)

This error is coming only when i leave the application for some time and working on it again after say 30mins.

Its a time out session.I have checked through some of the forums to increase the time out for say 45mins but unable to get any solution.

I have checked through  one solution for this like changing the time out session like

Right click on your Application -> Properties-> Appl Properties-> New -> Expiration time -> set the time in milliseconds. and save.

I am unable to find out anything like ApplProperties->new->Expiration time -> set the time in milliseconds in my WD Application.

So is there any other way can i found out these options.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi VR,

Increasing session time out for a particular WD application alone is not possible but you can increase the timeout duration across server as below

User Session Closed After Timeout for Webdynpro | SAPBASISINFO

In your case, you can keep refreshing the application automatically before it reaches expiration time.

hope you already referred the below blog:

Regards,

Rama