cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do performance testing of a standard fiori application?

karanbahl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I would like to know how can we do performance testing of a fiori application?

Also, are there any tools available?

I would ideally want the parameters such as response time, concurrent requests/users etc. that the app can take.

Is there a document available on scn or Service Market Place.

Please let me know if there is any information available on this.

Regards,

Karan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kirankola
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

Performance Target definition should be driven by user & customer expectation and market competiveness. Here are some considerations for Fiori apps:

• Describe you scenario as the sequence of  usual dialog steps
  • Define expected End-to-End Response Times (=user experience) for dialog steps and also required number of Roundtrips/ #OData Calls on the critical path (sequentially)
  • Break down your “Budget” of  End-to-End Response Times (100%) to involved parts with respect to known constraints.
  • Define the Performance Targets yet BEFORE starting the implementation

Front End Performance Analysis on Web-based applications is a quite hard job due to many various tools which differ between browsers. Get familiar with network traffic tools and developer tools (i.e. Chrome Timeline) and actively use them already during your testing.

For time-critical parts of your front-end code, consider additional outputs to SAPUI5 logs/traces (or User Marks in Chrome Timeline) when critical activity starts and ends.

https://developers.google.com/chrome-developer-tools/docs/timeline

For the first impression on the current Response Times of your application, you can just use simple Stop Watch or Video Recording done during the test of the application.

For detailed picture and breakdown of the performance figures to the sub-components you’ll need a real Performance measurements by dedicated tools, network traffic recordings, in combination with further traces and logs.

In Desktop Environment:
Use tools like SUPA for measurement on common desktop browsers
Analyze Network traffic with Browser or 3rd-party tools.

On Mobile Devices:
Use remote connection of Mobile device to desktop to get network traffic recording

Regards,

Kiran

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

you can also use EEM Robots which is a out-of-the box functionality of Solution Manager.

See Home - End-User Experience Monitoring - SCN Wiki.

You can run servral agents (robots) with same or diffrent scripts (e.g. load launchpad and click on My Leave Request) against your fiori solution and define thresholds for alerting, SLA, ...

In the EEM Monitor it looks like this:

But you have a few more Views.

Cheers Christoph

former_member82178
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

In our customer environment our testing team used 'Load Runner 11.52' for performance testing of fiori applications.

Thanks & Regards,

Madhu Sudhan

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu - what protocol did you find the most effective?  List of Protocols in Loadrunner - SoftwareHour

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi madhu- can you tell the protocol used for fiori app performance testing. I tried to record in loadrunner using htpp web protocol but request are not capturing.