cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create new Lumira dataset from BOBJ universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Apologies if this is a simple question - google hasn't been much use in trying to find a solution however.

We run BOBJ 4.1 SP1. My system administrator has recently installed Lumira (1.20) which I am trying to become familiar with.

I want to report on data from my SAP BW system. Connecting to a BEx query at this stage isn't ideal as it only seems to allow the visualisation step. I am therefore trying to use a BOBJ universe. We have universes that were created in V3 and V4 of BOBJ in Universe Designer. I can see them in the CMC but when I try and create the new dataset in Lumira, they are not visible. I can see the "standard" universes like eFashion, but not the ones created on our SAP BW data.

What am I missing?

thanks, Lara

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also - please see the PAM at https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001095842012E and note this page:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy

Thanks again.

The approach we've taken previously is to have an InfoProvider in SAP BW, build a BEx query on top of that, and then have a BOBJ connection and universe referencing the BEx query. These connections are all shown in the CMC as relational connections. These are .unv universes.

I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding the PAM, but to my view these should be supported and visible to Lumira?

regards, Lara

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lara - you have to be on the right BI3x/BI4x version for the universes to show in Lumira

You also need to have the right license for it - the best explanation I've found is from the SAP-Press book "Getting Started with Lumira" -https://www.sap-press.com/getting-started-with-sap-lumira_3645/

See license model below:

Source: SAP-Press

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lara - what BI folder were those BW universes placed?  Do you have rights to the BW universes?  Do you have access to those universes using another BI tool like Web Intelligence?

I am using Lumira 1.21 and I see the BW universes in my system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy

Thanks for the quick response.

On our BOBJ server the universes are in a folder called "Webi Universes". I do have full rights to them - I created them. I am able to use them in Web Intelligence queries.

regards, Lara