How to assign the dimension.property value to a existing record
I think this is very basic.
This is what I need to do
- Read a existing record based on some parameters like datasource, version,time.period.
- Change the values of few dimension by reading a different dimension.property value.
- This is similar to the repost characteristics function in IP or BPS.
- Just modify the 3-4 dimensions and assign the value from the somedimension.property value.
For example I need to select records based on the data source, time period and entity and then change few dimension values like assign the assign the dimension from a different dimension property. For example FS line item assign it from a somedimension.FS_LINE property.
* I don't want to create a new record.
* Read a existing record and modify the values of GL Account and Billing Type.
The code should be for one dimension
Is this correct code ? I need to do the WHEN/ENDWHEN for all the 3 dimension values I need to change right ?
The FLD(DIM.PROPRTY) instruction in *REC is supported only in MS and not in BPC NW version. I am using EPM 10.How to assign the dimension.property value in BPC NW EPM 10 version.
Sorry I know it is too basic. Thanks in advance for all your help.