cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to - Grouping (and sorting the groups) in Swedish Alphabetical Order?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts!

currently I have CR Group By results ordered as follows:

a

å

ä

b

c

-

-

z

I need:

a

b

c

-

-

z

å

ä

ö

I am wondering if there is any way I can create a group (based on a text field) that possibly contains special swedish characters such as Å, Ä, and Ö. AND have the grouping sequence respect that Swedish special characters appear after Z, based on the order in Swedish alphabet. If it was only a sorting issue, I think I could get away with changing the SQL collation setting (set on the actual SQLServer Database) and check the "perform sort on server-side" checkbox in crystal reports options.

But, because the group involves some formulas, this forces the grouping to happen on the Client-Side (within crystal reports), and so, the "natural" sorting order is the generic sort order where Ä appears after A and  Ö appears after O.... instead of having both appear after Z.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

raghavendra_hullur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are the Swedish characters at the beginning of your text field or are they in the middle of the text?

If it's just the first character, then you can use a formula with asc(<your text field>) and then can use that formula for sorting.

asc function returns the ascii value of the first letter of a string value (E.g: 97 for a, 98 for b, 122 for z, 134 for

å, 97 for abcd, 143 for Ä etc)

Thanks,

Raghavendra