cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the difference between Fiori Apps & SAP UI5

sun197895
Participant
0 Kudos

Please let me know if my below understanding is correct.

What I understand is .... FIORI Apps are built on SAPUI5.

My doubts are ....

1) Are FIORI Apps a package provided by SAP. If yes then what kind of apps are they? ...for example, are they time sheets, any kind of reports, etc.

2) If they are a package provided by SAP then will my company have to pay to get them installed in our landscape?  meaning ..are they licensed ?

3) Once installed, will we be able to customize them as per our requirement? If yes, then will SAP UI5 knowledge be sufficient to carry out customizations?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to SAP Fiori UX.

Other information for SAP Fiori apps can be found through the link.

Kind Regards,

John

sun197895
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks John. The blogs really helped but have to still go through many other links in it.

And also, I have few others questions and lot want re-confirmation on some of my understanding....so please bear some time for me and reply me with your thoughts on below items,,,,

Below is what I know and I thing this is what exactly it is but thought of re-confirming Please review.

As of now, what I understand about SAPUI5 is ...

1) SAPUI5 is a front end or user interface language built which uses jQuery and HTML5.

2) All FIORI apps are developed using SAPUI5 language and any customization to be done by customer to FIORI apps needs be done using SAPUI5 language.

3)  Apart from FIORI apps, I can also use SAPUI5 language in builting fron-end for applications as an alternative to WebDynpro ABAP/WebDynproJava. Ofcourse with SAPUI5 + Netweaver Gateweaver combination.

Please let me know if my understanding of any of the above point is wrong.

And also, I have two questions....

1) If my company wants to implement or install FIORI apps then don't we also need to have Netweaver Gateway server set-up ?

2) If my company wants to implement or install FIORI apps then this has to be in a new R3 server ? or in Netweaver Gateway server ?

3) Can we set-up FIORI launchpad in SAP Enterprise Portal ? If yes, then from which version of SAP EP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) SAPUI5 (SAP user interface for HTML 5) is a collection of libraries that developers can use to build desktop and mobile applications that run in a browser. With SAP's SAPUI5 JavaScript toolkit, developers can build SAP web applications using HTML5 web development standards.

2) Yes, Fiori apps are develope using SAPUI% framework. Customization to existing apps can be done through ... http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/80649c2f-3bfc-3010-0da6-ae101dcea...

3) You may find this link helpful.
http://scn.sap.com/community/web-dynpro-java/blog/2013/06/12/is-web-dynpro--java-still-an-option-yes...

============================================================================
Yes, you would need a DB, SAP NetWeaver Gateway server for Front end and a R3 server for a backend.
you can refer to this document for Fiori Launchpad in SAP Enterprise Portal.
http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-58340

Answers (0)