What is the difference between Fiori Apps & SAP UI5
Please let me know if my below understanding is correct.
What I understand is .... FIORI Apps are built on SAPUI5.
My doubts are ....
1) Are FIORI Apps a package provided by SAP. If yes then what kind of apps are they? ...for example, are they time sheets, any kind of reports, etc.
2) If they are a package provided by SAP then will my company have to pay to get them installed in our landscape? meaning ..are they licensed ?
3) Once installed, will we be able to customize them as per our requirement? If yes, then will SAP UI5 knowledge be sufficient to carry out customizations?
2) Yes, Fiori apps are develope using SAPUI% framework. Customization to existing apps can be done through ... http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/80649c2f-3bfc-3010-0da6-ae101dceafea?QuickLink=index&overridelayout=true&58652073497290
3) You may find this link helpful.
Yes, you would need a DB, SAP NetWeaver Gateway server for Front end and a R3 server for a backend.
you can refer to this document for Fiori Launchpad in SAP Enterprise Portal.